• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:04:04 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

xplex and rock island

Started by mattrix_6996, October 22, 2011, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimjim

that's the problem, i don't have 3D Max, and if i did, i wouldn't know where to start...lol
sucks having to use such a detailed program for a conversion..  the easier, the more tracks you'll have.
maybe i'll talk to Dave Noonan myself, see what he can do... who knows..

EVO

at the moment its the only plugin we have. 
Racehard wrote a pretty straight forward tutorial
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=196.0
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

Im dying to drive rock island and xplex

Slimjim

until i can get a program that doesn't take me a year to learn, i guess i'll have to wait a bit...lol
but i have been working on the Karts in rF to feels very close to these..
I was using La Conca as a base to try and reach real lap times..
in the Shifter, i can get in the 48's where the lap record is 46.3 i think in the ICC class.
the others are close, Rotax, and ICA in the 48's, for record times.. haven't tested in them yet..
but in my Rotax i did do a 47.1 at Xplex in Vegas,  i set class record in 2004 at Rock Island 34.3
but that's been beat since, they keep changing the track every year moving the barriers closer to the curbs for faster corner speeds.
but driving a real kart, and a sim kart or any sim racing your just not ever going to get the perfect feel..
missing all the G's and the sore ribs, and the other little things that make you want to go fast...lol

EVO

yeah SIM racing will never be totally emersive but it is a good training platform.  Here we have months of winter with snow so we can't go racing. well at least no one does to my knowledge around here.  Ice spike tires i wish.

I too dont know how to use 3ds max but to convert its very easy.  Schwoni can convert a track in 2-3 hours.  Can he have permission to convert these? 

I am going to learn the program eventually need to make my locacl track super precise so when i go there In the spring can be with the fast guys.  How long did it take to make each track for you?

Slimjim

yes he a can convert them if he likes...

Hansen24

Im in the progress of converting xplex :D
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

cnt997