• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:31:04 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Paint creation tutorial

Started by PiBoSo, August 22, 2010, 12:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simmme181

Could someone give me step by step description how to get suit and kart to show ingame?

Ive read earlier posts and get kind off confused when "kart folder" is showing up since i dont have one?

Finnro65

Extract the file karts.pkz with winrar and you have the file in your kartracing directory.
That is the easiest way.
And then read the wiki from page 1.

simme181

NAA551WB

I can get the bodywork to show up, I put that in the karts/ks1/paints folder but I cannot get the chassis to show up. Seriously I am retarded when it comes to this and I need someone to hold my hand and walk me through this.

Schwoni

April 22, 2011, 07:13:19 PM #19 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:30:00 PM by Schwoni
Piboso can you tell us please which parts of karts are paintable? i tried some and found the airbox,axle,chain,pedal,radiator,seat for this you have to rename the tga to TK_seat and the other parts what`s with rims and steering wheel and chaincover? don`t find the correct names. is that possible?

Racehard

April 22, 2011, 08:57:45 PM #20 Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 10:26:12 AM by Racehard
And how about shadow and details on the parts if you do it the way schwoni suggested?

PiBoSo could you make these paints accessable, so that we could change the colour of a metal or else (pedals, radiator, clutch-,brake lever or steering wheel) easily with photoshop, without loosing any detailed texture stuff like the shadows etc.
That would be really awesome :)

Schwoni

someone know what about this?

PiBoSo

Racehard

EVO

What happened to TK_radiator and TK_airbos and TK_seat? I made a  cool seat as did Schwoni. And I added a black radiator.  My paint was very close to my actual kart
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

PiBoSo

Quote from: evo1087 on May 24, 2011, 10:42:42 AM
What happened to TK_radiator and TK_airbos and TK_seat? I made a  cool seat as did Schwoni. And I added a black radiator.  My paint was very close to my actual kart

They don't exist anymore.

Silver

Hey guys, first post for me.

Tried to make my own helmed and it worked fine at first.
After I made some changes via gimp on the templade and safed it to Silver_Helm.tga (like I did bevor) and packed it with painted.exe to the game folder\driver\paints\, it doesnt work anymore :(.

That was my first try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfWSbMI_Jf0

after my chanings my folder and ingame looks like that:

But as you can see, the helmed is still the base one.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Silver

EVO

its is proabably your paintED filenames
they should be

helmet.tga
visor.tga
visor#2.tga (for rain)

or it wont work
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Silver

June 10, 2011, 01:53:05 PM #28 Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:37:15 PM by Silver
Thank you evo1087,

that was the problem.

.png can be named freely
.tga has to be helmed.tga

I got i now  :)

cnt997

i have been trying to add my helmet file with winrar in the driver paints folder but it just keeps saying error