• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

June 06, 2024, 09:21:07 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Unknown Category

Started by Karter85, July 22, 2013, 05:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karter85

Fellas i have a question : i've seen more than once rooms with unknown kart category : DD2 and X30. So intrigued i've tried to join the room but i got the message ''wrong category''. Now i''m just wondering which kind of category is this ?? Is a new one ? a secret one ? come from modders ? could someone explain ?. Beside i've notice that often when i try to enter a room with ''open category'' i get the message ''connection timeout''. I don't know why. Would be nice if we have even a ''general chat'', without join any room.

Birel-Rotax 42

July 22, 2013, 05:32:50 PM #1 Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:35:11 PM by Birel-Rotax 42
You have to download the engine. The DD2 is a mod from Jamiecraig20. The link to the thread is:
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=3003.msg28014#msg28014
X30 is made by: Nathan Dunnett
Link: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=2731.0
All non-vanilla classes are 'mods' that require the participant to have all engines (if it is an 'open' session, you must have the vanilla karts+mod karts). Hope this helped, and we look forward to seeing you on the track!  ;)
If there is no download link posted on the forum, it is usually a closed-access beta version of a kart, and you will just want to check the forum regularly for updates.

The open category server was the x30 vs kf3 right? If so, my friends and I just didn't have the ports on the dedicated servers properly in place. That was the reason for connection timeout.

Karter85

Thanks BirelR42, you been accurate. The open category server was Kz1. See you on track :)

Birel-Rotax 42

Great to see that stuff has been figured out!

Karter85

Rotax42 today i saw another different category: ROTAX JUNIOR could you give me the link for get that one. Thanks.

Birel-Rotax 42

Right now it's a way-pre-alpha version and is changing nearly every hour or so. I will release a beta for it once I have enough data.

James Beer

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on July 24, 2013, 12:46:57 AM
Right now it's a way-pre-alpha version and is changing nearly every hour or so. I will release a beta for it once I have enough data.

isnt MRO doing all the rotax classes though?

Birel-Rotax 42

I'm doing physics. From what I know, he hasn't even started on the physics, just the 3d modeling. I pm'ed him asking if he wanted to combine the mods when he finishes the model, but he hasn't responded. Fingers crossed!

Karter85

I've seen another category ICC SUDAM on seever. Is this a pre Alpha too ? The dude was Gianfranco barbera.

jose356

I saw "tag-JR" categorie! Whats this? Can I download it?

Birel-Rotax 42

Please look at threads before creating new ones. This has been posted about for the Rotax and ICA numerous times and you really should look before creating threads.
Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/57vk9vc8b97o5su/Tag-jr.rar
Please close this thread