• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:15:20 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

converting problem 3dsmax

Started by monaco98, June 29, 2011, 01:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monaco98

Hi everyone, hope some one can shed some light on my problem. importing into 3dsmax 9 32bit.
there is 1 problem, maybe 2.
the first one when importing into 3dsmax i am following the tutorial in one of the other post. i have a basic track i made in BTB and placed in rfactor now trying to convert to KRP. now when i go to maxscript, then GMT2 importer i select the location where the .TGA files are and the direcrory for the GMT files. when the material editor screen comes up and it starts doing its thing. it goes for a few seconds then stops and says not responding.  if i leave it for a minute it then finished and all that is showing is a few tyre barriers that are now triangle shape and have a different texture on them.  also tried on another track out of rfactor to see if it was my track that was the problem but that comes up saying looking for DDS file or something about a cube.

the second one iam not sure affect anything but when starting 3dsmax i get an error
DLL<C:\program files (x86)autodesk\3ds max 9\stdplugs\DxPlugins\DxDDS.bmi> failed to initialize.
error code:9998 - invalid access to memory location.

not sure if this is causing the problem or not..

any help or sugggestion would be much appreciated.
regards
shane

monaco98

Hi everyone, tried jst making a basic circle track in BTB and then put in to 3dsmax and it goes through and opens up fine, so i assume it is something to do with my terrain or  scenery . will try without some of it and see..

Aritz

Did you follow the tutorial step by step?

Screenshots are very usefull, some of the process, some of the error and of the "a few tyre barriers that are now triangle shape and have a different texture on them"

The more clear the screenshots are, the easier we can understand you.

maxrod

You need a folder for you dds as you import as dds not tga, keep folder till you finished. if you built track you should already have them open when export from btb to rfactor, hope this help.

franmedo

i also have a problem. Since a few weeks (since i added my 3d tires like lonato, just a bit more) it always shows me at first time export "an error has occured". Then i reload max and then the export alwaays works. But since yesterday it ALWAYS crashes when exporting. Do my track have to much polys or whats the problem? :(

PiBoSo

Quote from: franmedo on February 05, 2012, 11:27:20 AM
i also have a problem. Since a few weeks (since i added my 3d tires like lonato, just a bit more) it always shows me at first time export "an error has occured". Then i reload max and then the export alwaays works. But since yesterday it ALWAYS crashes when exporting. Do my track have to much polys or whats the problem? :(

Are you using a 32bits OS? At the moment the exporter uses a lot of memory, that scales with triangles count. It will be optimized in the future, but in the meantime the only solution is to use an x64 operative system.

franmedo

I have Windows 7 Home 64bit and using 3dsmax 8. It finally exported succesfully after 7 tries today...