• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:54:27 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Graphical telemetry

Started by jarowww, January 10, 2012, 11:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarowww

January 10, 2012, 11:43:29 PM Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:16:30 PM by jarowww
I'm trying to develop aplication to present telemetry in graphical form. I would like to ask someone to check if code that i have written is working. It should take only couple of minutes.

Download and unpack zip file.
There is file "TelemetryAnalyser.exe" to run it you would need Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. If there is no start error it should look similar to window in telemetry.jpg.
In folder "plugin" there are two plugins for 32 and 64 systems (TelemetryAnalyserPlugin_KRP.dll). Copy one of plugins to "...\Kart Racing Pro\plugins" folder and start game. If there is error when game is starting plugin doesnt work. If there is no error after making couple laps plugin should generate .log files in "\Kart Racing Pro" folder. In zip there is example of such file (Lonato Short 20-38 10-1-2012.log).

I tested program only on 2 PC with 32 Windows xp with SP3.

Sorry for my english and thanks for help.

dibu

Thanks for the nice tool, normally I should do my work now, but I couldn't resist to test it. ;)

First of all it works. I testetd on a Win7-64 system. A log file is written with the 32bit DLL. The 64bit DLL doesn't write anything. As KRP is a 32bit application, I think we don't need the 64bit version at all. PiBoSo also has only one DLL for all OSs.

If you installed KRP in the default folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\Kart Racing Pro) you need to start the TelemetryAnalyser.exe as Administrator to gain access to the .log file

I don't have much time during the day, so I can hopefully do more testing this evening.

dibu

January 11, 2012, 05:39:59 PM #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:43:47 PM by dibu
What I'm missing is the possibility to zoom the graphs without enlarging the window.
It would be also useful to see a graphical reference in the track map if you move the mouse in a graph.

It's nice that I can compare different seesions by using the add telemetry button.  ;D

tubefactor

Tool works well on my 32 bit Windows Vista OS  ;)

QuoteIt would be also useful to see a graphical reference in the track map if you move the mouse in a graph.

Dibu: I believe you can do this by enabling the tracing function
You can find it under >add<
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

dibu

Thanks, I missed that point. :)

jarowww

Thanks for help! First time i tried to start it on another PC it showed only errors :) .

dibu

Bug report: ;)
With your dll in the plugin folder KRP will crash if you try to start Essay Short.
Maybe the name "Circuit International d'Essay - Short" is too long for one of your variables.
Until now I didn't find another circuit which is affected.

dibu

Problem solved. Your new version from today also works with Essay Short.
Thanks. :)

jarowww

You should download new version it's fixed. But you even guessed precise reason for crash  :)
EDIT: Too late.

tubefactor

Is the new version compatible with the LOG files from the previous version?

jarowww

No. There was some changes to add split times

jarowww

Added zoom. I hope interface is self explanatory.

dibu

The zoom function makes it much more usable, thanks. :)

In the track map I would prefer to see the whole track with moving markers which show the actual positions.
But I guess this will be difficult when zooming.

Go on, you made a very nice tool. :) :)

tubefactor

QuoteGo on, you made a very nice tool.

+1

jarowww

Quote from: dibu on January 22, 2012, 11:01:04 AM
In the track map I would prefer to see the whole track with moving markers which show the actual positions.
I don't quite get it. You mean when you have tracing enabled it should show something like this