• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:36:33 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Paint creation tutorial

Started by PiBoSo, August 22, 2010, 12:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racehard

You don't necessarily need to create a zip file, just create an equally named folder (structure).

...\Kart Racing Pro\driver\paints\yourhelmet.pnt

But of course you have to put a .pnt file together with paintED containing your helmet.tga.

backwardsbanana

I have a question about the steering wheel template. The template size is 512x512. Is it just a material color sort or if I put different colors to different sides, will I be able to make a steering wheel that has a white top, black from the middle and red in the lower part? The one coloured wheels are kind of dull...

PiBoSo

PiBoSo

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Josi

PiBoSo, could you update the new helmet template please?
Congrats, I think it's a great idea the new helmet one. It will be much more easier to create new designs on the new one.

Racehard

Quote from: Josi on January 06, 2012, 11:26:36 AM
Congrats, I think it's a great idea the new helmet one. It will be much more easier to create new designs on the new one.

What's the advantage of the new helmet?

Why was it hard to create paints for the old one? There was a typical template which already made it quite easy.

Myself and many others think that the old shape was almost perfect, compared to the real gp5.

Josi

January 06, 2012, 02:31:28 PM #37 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:38:15 PM by Josi
Quote from: Racehard on January 06, 2012, 01:57:53 PM
Quote from: Josi on January 06, 2012, 11:26:36 AM

What's the advantage of the new helmet?

Why was it hard to create paints for the old one? There was a typical template which already made it quite easy.

Myself and many others think that the old shape was almost perfect, compared to the real gp5.

The advantage of the new helmet is easy to see... there's no spoiler on it.
I have no problems with it, maybe yes at first designs but I think it's better not having that spoiler in the way more people can manage their own designs in an easiest way.
I mean only to give the opportunity to people who don't know too much about Photoshop and all that stuff and who want to paint their own helmet.
For advanced users I'm agree with you, there's no advantage at all when you know where to paint to have all the lines matched together.
So... maybe PiBoSo could maintain both helmets in game to choose which one you want to use.

Racehard

Well ok, but it is not just that there is no spoiler now, the whole 3d model changed  :-\

I would suggest then, the old helmet available in two version, one with spoiler and the other with these little vent outlets.

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Racehard on January 06, 2012, 02:38:36 PM
I would suggest then, the old helmet available in two version, one with spoiler and the other with these little vent outlets.

+1

Josi

Quote from: Racehard on January 06, 2012, 02:38:36 PM
Well ok, but it is not just that there is no spoiler now, the whole 3d model changed  :-\

It's better to maintain both 3d models. As we have right know with the Tony Kart and CRG chassis.
I would say the new helmet one is quite the same as the real Arai GP-6 or the SK-6 one.

PiBoSo

Racehard

Hey PiBoSo, I really like the new chrome feature on some frame parts, can you pls tell us how we can add this chrome effect to the normal paints? Is this even possible?

Thanks so much anyway, love it already  :D

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on January 12, 2012, 06:48:08 PM
Hey PiBoSo, I really like the new chrome feature on some frame parts, can you pls tell us how we can add this chrome effect to the normal paints? Is this even possible?

Thanks so much anyway, love it already  :D

It's not possible to add reflections to paints.

EVO

ERROR: Birtmap not found, but all appears fine. Do i have to pin point the missing bitmap?  it is fore a converted track.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website