• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:07:32 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

[Release] Büren Final

Started by Schwoni, December 15, 2011, 11:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

December 15, 2011, 11:18:21 PM Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:40:07 AM by Schwoni
Final WIP ;)

Download Link Beta 5:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t1doj21aoci2dso

Also on Database

Fixed Textures, 3d powerlines and fences, new bushes, 3d trees, benches, wall pictures, Rubber on Track. alsomst all is 3d now so i used insvisible walls to improve fps but on some invisible walls u can get stuck.
I hope i can find a solution for this. also rubber build is a bit weird sometimes pointwise. i try to fix this things, normally it is the final.

Racehard

Good work, can't wait to see the final result ;)

Frank Hermann

nice :) like the details ... keep running.

Aritz

Schwoni

someone has a solution for this? it was so much work  :-\

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on December 16, 2011, 11:56:50 PM
someone has a solution for this? it was so much work  :-\

Are you using the latest version of the exporter?

Nitrox

Try flipping polygons in 3ds

maxrod

looks as if polys are meeting one an other, are there any alpha channels in there, was it created in google or 3dsmax, it looks as if the backs are missing, is it missing from other side.

EVO

i once hadmissing polygons that were not missing in 3ds max.  I just had to update the exporter.

I also  had once a see through polygons the normal was just reversed for those polygons.  So I used the normals modifier in max
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Schwoni

latest exporter: yes

i try to flip them.

yes i think they meet  the other but on other objects for example on this barrier they also meet and this isn`t a problem.
no alpha channel. crated in 3ds and looks very good there.

i will try ur proposals.

Thanks guys

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on December 17, 2011, 11:24:56 AM
latest exporter: yes

i try to flip them.

yes i think they meet  the other but on other objects for example on this barrier they also meet and this isn`t a problem.
no alpha channel. crated in 3ds and looks very good there.

i will try ur proposals.

Thanks guys

The 3dsmax plugin automatically deletes small triangles when exporting a MAP file.
Anyway, these rings are a terrible waste of triangles, that will give slowdowns especially on lower-spec PCs. Isn't it possible to replace that chain with something simpler?

Schwoni

yes it is possible. i hope i find a way to do it 3d with another object. or i texture a wall but that doesn`t look so amazing

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on December 17, 2011, 02:26:02 PM
yes it is possible. i hope i find a way to do it 3d with another object. or i texture a wall but that doesn`t look so amazing

You could replace each "ring" with a quad mapped with a texture with 2-levels alpha channel.

Schwoni

Beta 3 Released Link in first Post

dibu