• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:46:11 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Curbs

Started by GhostriderPl, April 09, 2011, 03:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostriderPl

April 09, 2011, 03:57:34 PM Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:24:42 PM by GhostriderPl
Hello......is there any way to change the Grip on the curbs?

When i touch them it feels like on ice and without control...

I forgot that i have this problem in kerpen

Thanks for help
GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

GhostriderPl

No one else have this problem?    Try to drive like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIifM6-yV8Q&feature=related    and then you understand what i mean........
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

Luca VT250

I've the same problem with the curbs. There isn't grip on it.

Aritz

Probably the problem is not the grip itself, the shape of the kerb can be worse... KRP seems to be quite critical with it; it looks like that the tyre don't flex enough and we loose most of the lateral grip when we touch the kerbs.

Frank Hermann

I wil try to fix the Problems with the slippery curbs in Kerpen, in the next update.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Frank Hermann on December 08, 2011, 07:27:34 PM
I wil try to fix the Problems with the slippery curbs in Kerpen, in the next update.

Some of the kerbs at Kerpen have a compact "square wave" shape, and the collision detection of KRP doesn't handle them correctly.
However, the plan is to improve the code in one of future releases.

Frank Hermann

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 08, 2011, 08:20:51 PM
Quote from: Frank Hermann on December 08, 2011, 07:27:34 PM

Some of the kerbs at Kerpen have a compact "square wave" shape, and the collision detection of KRP doesn't handle them correctly.
However, the plan is to improve the code in one of future releases.

i wanted to experiment with invisble plates (with road grip) which i place in the curbs, so that the tire has in the best case more grip.

Racehard

You won't hear the sound of curbs then.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on December 08, 2011, 09:42:53 PM

It is possible to export a mesh for collisions ( TRP file ) and a different one for the graphics.

Frank Hermann

Quote from: Racehard on December 08, 2011, 09:42:53 PM

no worries, i dont want to make them flat. There should be still a good sound and feeling after the update. Thx PiBoSo for the tip ;)