• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:08 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Suggested STANDARD setup

Started by Aritz, November 03, 2011, 06:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

November 03, 2011, 06:32:25 PM Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:38:10 PM by Aritz
We should improve the default setup, let's do it!

Mine is in progress

EVO

i test the CRG setup almost exact i didnt work so well..
I going to try yours and compare.  what chassis di you use?  I dont know if make s a difference but just for the sake of the experiemnt
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

The Iceman Marco

I'll try that setup and see what happend.

Aritz

November 04, 2011, 09:00:49 AM #3 Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:05:21 AM by Aritz
Try with 3 or 5 caster too :)

I have an Intrepid Cruiser with no camber/caster adjust (no excentrics mounted)

My intention with this setup is to have the same steeringwheel movements as the real karts, which is low and mostly countersteers ;D

When I did the testing, I didn't know that horizontal seat position is just the opposite of I was thinking... I wanted to have a oversteered kart and I move it forward (that was what I thought at least) but it is toward...

Aritz

I tested again the set I it is absolutely undriveable ;D

I will post my suggested default setup as soon I have it.

EVO

What chassis are you using in the game? 

Aritz

I use CRG, but who cares? Both chassis are the same with different bumpers 8)

Aritz

What about this for starting? I found horizontal seat moving the key. I have a lot to test, but it changes a lot, more than the rest.

The Iceman Marco

Why differences between front and rear tire pressure? And maybe 1 cm less with the rear track width may be an idea?

I would change that and the other things are good I think.

EVO

by removing the front bar dont you take grip out of the front end increasing oversteer?

EVO

November 08, 2011, 07:44:47 AM #10 Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:27:16 PM by evo1087
This is a very important thread lets not forget about it. 
Right now many settings are very close to real.  Almost all chassis setups appear to add grip like they should
Seat setup needs some fine turning.  In the game the balance of the kart is best with the seat moved forward.

The "other" settings are good too.  Front track should be able to be lowered more like CRG recommends.
Alot of us are lowering camber raising caster just a little bit and using almost zero toe.  This is not realisitc. Karts need toe even if just a little. And when little grip is available they use lots of caster and camber.

Is camber a setting or does it have a unit like degrees?
the value is the same for metric and imperial so im guessing its a setting.

"toe in" should be "toe out" and have a standard unit, like track width does now.

Tire realism is great now. Bridgestone the best in wet recommends 12-22 psi  cold.
Mg recommends 12-16 cold and 16-18 hot for there Wets.  Niether have a recommended temperture "varies by application"

As far as softs go our tyre pressures are correct 8 psi for hot days and prolonged use results in 2 psi increase 3 psi at most, but tempertures never reach 176-200 degreees F

I think PiBoSo knows the best about of all these parameters. its just very difficult to go from real life to virtual
With tires almost perfect now (the first step in desinging race car suspension and chasisis, knowing the tires max grip force capabilities) the rest of the setup will be tuned to perfection in no time

Aritz

We need some info from piboso:

-Best working tyre temp and pressure for soft, hard and wet (I've found 0,8 bar the best on soft, but maybe I am wrong)

And rear tyres should have "camber" aswell, not adjustable of course. But their wear is wrong like I wrote in fixes thread, they should wear like the front tyres, less but in the same way:

I will try "lowering camber raising caster just a little bit and using almost zero toe" :)

EVO

I updated the tire part of my post before yours.  With my setup I can get equal wear across the rears but i cant get inside wear like i should

Schwoni should be posting here.   I will reach out to him.