• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:38:45 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta4

Started by PiBoSo, October 30, 2011, 07:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

October 30, 2011, 07:31:10 PM Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:54:13 PM by PiBoSo
Kart Racing Pro beta4 released: http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=news

A clean install is strongly recommended.

Note: replays and setups are not compatible with previous versions

PiBoSo

October 30, 2011, 07:32:34 PM #1 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:54:16 PM by PiBoSo
To make things more interesting, karts no more have a thermostat, so you now have to check for air temperature and use the radiator cover.
Please write if you don't like it.

There are a few known problems, that will be fixed in the future releases:
- host setup "Max Ping" and force feedback "Damping" settings still don't work correctly. Please don't use them.
- the simulation stutters with wet track / conditions. At the moment it can only be considered a "technical demo".
- force-feedback vibration when kart is stopped.

This is the first build with partnerships:
Circuit International d'Essay
Unipro

Adrian

What do I have to do,

first delete beta3 or just install beta4?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Adrian on October 30, 2011, 07:59:45 PM
What do I have to do,

first delete beta3 or just install beta4?

It is recommended to delete Beta3 installation directory and "PiBoSo" folder in "My Documents".

Adrian

Racehard

Great, thy PiBoSo :)

Can we still use the old tracks?

PiBoSo

October 30, 2011, 08:25:17 PM #6 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:31:44 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Racehard on October 30, 2011, 08:15:38 PM
Great, thy PiBoSo :)

Can we still use the old tracks?

It should be possible to use all the old tracks.

Racehard

Yes :D

What feature had to miss out for maintaing the compatibility?

Bruno Saboia

"Racing, competing, is in my blood. Is part of me, part of my life".

-Ayrton Senna

dibu

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on October 30, 2011, 08:31:46 PM
Yes :D

What feature had to miss out for maintaing the compatibility?

A couple additional track surface materials. Nothing important.

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Racehard

October 30, 2011, 09:16:20 PM #12 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:58:59 PM by Racehard
Can somebody up a  dedicated server, with open class? And please wet but not rainy, want to try the dynamic dry up with some more people :D

Nobody?  :-\

Racehard

PiBoSo, I kind of have a problem. I can only join dedicated servers. When somebdoy hosts an online session I can't join I don't see the ping, but others can, same thing earlier this day with beta 3, but the clue is some weeks ago I could join on such hosted sessions.
But now I can only join dedicated servers, do you have an idea what might cause or solve my problem? Thanks

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on October 30, 2011, 10:34:23 PM
PiBoSo, I kind of have a problem. I can only join dedicated servers. When somebdoy hosts an online session I can't join I don't see the ping, but others can, same thing earlier this day with beta 3, but the clue is some weeks ago I could join on such hosted sessions.
But now I can only join dedicated servers, do you have an idea what might cause or solve my problem? Thanks

If you can't ping a server, then it is probably behind a router. Then it's not always possible to establish a connection.