• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:12:58 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

couple of questionsif someone could help out

Started by ajcjr, September 18, 2011, 04:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajcjr

September 18, 2011, 04:38:33 PM Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:27:33 PM by ajcjr
1. i bought the game, i do not think i have the latest version, now i downloaded the latest, how does it know i bought it? Do i need my old license # and should i save my profiles?

thanks in advance for your help!
Go Hard or Go Home!

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

ajcjr

sorry to waste your time my friend. I looked in the forum and found one topic but i am still having problem trying to download the new beta.

Go Hard or Go Home!

Hansen24

Can you be a little more specific?? What is the problem you are having?
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

ajcjr

my problem is i bought the original version, if i delete it will the newer version know that i bought it and if so how. Do i save my license from the original, also should i save my profiles and just copy them into the new version.

Thanks
Go Hard or Go Home!

Hansen24

If you have keept the email from Piboso with the license code. Then just delete your old version and install the newest version (Beta3).
With your profile try go into Documents/PiBoso/Kart Racing Pro and just copy the profile folder.. Dont know if it works though. But try it out :D
KZ2

ajcjr

i cant find the license code. that is my problem.  i sent them a message.

do you know if the license key will work, i can grab that from the version i installed.

Thank you,
Go Hard or Go Home!

Hansen24

Im sure the license code you got from the old version will work
KZ2

ajcjr

Go Hard or Go Home!

dibu

September 18, 2011, 06:20:33 PM #9 Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:23:13 PM by dibu
If you talk about the original Beta1 (and also Beta2), you should simply save your "license.ini" and forget your old profiles.

Create a new profile. Copying your old profiles WILL cause problems!

Also your old setup files will not work with Beta3(b).

ajcjr

September 18, 2011, 07:31:25 PM #10 Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:34:39 PM by ajcjr
Quote from: dibu on September 18, 2011, 06:20:33 PM
If you talk about the original Beta1 (and also Beta2), you should simply save your "license.ini" and forget your old profiles.

Create a new profile. Copying your old profiles WILL cause problems!

Also your old setup files will not work with Beta3(b).

thank you and everyone for your help!

so i will delete everything but the license # and start from scratch. one more question, i dont see the kart racing sim in my add/remove program file, is there anyother way to remove.

thanks
Go Hard or Go Home!

dibu

September 18, 2011, 07:52:22 PM #11 Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:54:42 PM by dibu
Under "\Program Files\Kart Racing Pro\docs" you'll find a "readme.txt".
It describes how to uninstall KRP:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Uninstalling Kart Racing Pro
-------------------------------

To uninstall simply navigate to the directory where you installed Kart Racing Pro and delete the folder.

Optional:
To complete the uninstallation delete the Kart Racing Pro directory in Start Menu as well as removing the desktop shortcut, if created during installation.

No further action is required as the registry was not touched during installation.

Save data is located under PiBoSo directory in "My documents".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delete the PiBoSo folder under "My documents" too if it exists. It contains your old profile(s) and setups.