• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:27:58 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Roskilde Karting Track

Started by Hansen24, July 24, 2011, 10:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

Roskilde has three wide curbs (at turn1 and at the two 180° turns in the infield).
Is it ok to use them as part of the racing line or is corner cutting?

I'm not sure about it. When I look at the checkpoints it seems to be ok. Two curbs are not checked and at the other one  the whole curb is included in the checkpoint.

Before driving new hotlaps, I want to be sure. In my fastest laps I used the curb at turn1 (all other corners should be clean). Here is the link to a replay of my 51.796 with KC3.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9rmpmyxcfttb39c

EVO

Producing a track is very difficult as i am now learning.  If you get photoshop just goto layers on the right next to its channels then right click on alpha channel and delte.  This is easy making the track is hard.  Great job Hansen24.  Hope to see more tracks. And i hope you dobnt mind me asking for help
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Quote from: evo1087 on August 06, 2011, 09:22:49 PM
Producing a track is very difficult as i am now learning.  If you get photoshop just goto layers on the right next to its channels then right click on alpha channel and delte.  This is easy making the track is hard.  Great job Hansen24.  Hope to see more tracks. And i hope you dobnt mind me asking for help

Is a very hard job! I started Villarcayo in May and I work on it everyday 2-3 hours, but I have a lot of work to do yet...

Hansen24

@evo1087 np you just ask if you need help with anything
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

oppolo

Quote from: dibu on August 06, 2011, 09:44:51 AM
Here is the link to a replay of my 51.796 with KC3.
well done, here you can make better  ;) it is also an easy turn playing with throttle and brake we can point well the kart. what final ratio do you use? i have 13/84 118km.h

dibu

I know that my KC3 laps can be optimized ;). My final ratio was 12/78 117km/h, the setup of this lap is attached. My KS1 lap was way better, but same style - I used the curb at turn1, everything else clean. Unfortunately I didn't save a replay of my best KS1 lap.

But back to my question. Should the wide curbs be part of the track or not? Roskilde is special, because other tracks don't offer this opportunity.
I looked for onboard videos of Roskilde to see the real lines, but it seems that these wide curbs don't exist in reality.

I want my own laps in the stats to be clean, but I also don't want to have a disadvantage by driving a unnecessary wide line. That's why I want to clear this point now.

If the usage of these curbs is not ok, Hansen24 should adapt the checkpoints to exclude them.

oppolo

Quote from: dibu on August 07, 2011, 08:29:47 AM
- Should the wide curbs be part of the track or not? Roskilde is special, because other tracks don't offer this opportunity.

- I looked for onboard videos of Roskilde to see the real lines, but it seems that these wide curbs don't exist in reality.

- if i remember well bueren has wide curbs

- yes, dont exist in real.  curbs in my opinion is part of track
http://youtu.be/C_aqSVbYWdY

Aritz

Quote from: oppolo on August 06, 2011, 11:39:53 PM
Quote from: dibu on August 06, 2011, 09:44:51 AM
Here is the link to a replay of my 51.796 with KC3.
well done, here you can make better  ;) it is also an easy turn playing with throttle and brake we can point well the kart. what final ratio do you use? i have 13/84 118km.h

Maybe this can help :)

Hansen24

I would say that it is okay to use the wide curbs but im trying to get the files so i can make the curbes more realistic. And maybe and some more curbs when you are coming out of the corner
KZ2

maxrod

Trying to sort out a problem with my own ffb on my tracks with g27 could you please tell me what os you built this on window 7 , vista or xp, have you had any problems with btb on windows 7 if used, Done some laps around your track very good, thanks.

Aritz

BTB works only on Win7 32bits

Hansen24

This is only a conversion Normark originally built it for rfactor and i converted it.
KZ2

maxrod

Aritz thanks for letting me know, i don't know if you have been on btb website resently as he has started it up again for the pro users there is a beta, which will be updated soon.

maxrod

Hansen24 which os did you convert it on windows 7 vista or xp thanks.

Aritz

Quote from: maxrod on August 07, 2011, 12:22:36 PM
Aritz thanks for letting me know, i don't know if you have been on btb website resently as he has started it up again for the pro users there is a beta, which will be updated soon.

I didn't know that, thank you. I am downloading it.