• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:51:58 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track creation Tutorials

Started by LauZzZn, June 29, 2016, 09:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackcaim

Quote from: LXS77 on January 25, 2021, 01:24:40 PM3ds Max can accept a wide range of image formats (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/ENU/3DSMax-Manage-Scenes/files/GUID-33CBE5B2-DFE9-49FF-9D4F-AA7ABF62138E-htm.html).

Just Google free seamless/tileable textures of tarmac, concrete, grass, etc.

So, you're saying I can use any tileable texture for Kart Racing Pro? Would this mean I can use a bitmap image and attach it to my material and still use it for Kart Racing Pro? Or does it have to be a certain format such as TGA? Currently I am using the bitmap option and attaching it to the base material in the material editor. The bitmap is using a JPG file. 

LXS77

You asked where you could find textures for 3ds Max 2021, hence was my answer.

To make it work in KRP, you can find any tileable texture and amend it with the image editor of your choice to meet the following requirements:

Supported texture formats:
  • truecolor TGA
  • truecolor BMP
  • DXT1, DXT3 or DXT5 DDS
Every texture must have power of 2 (eg: 256, 512, 1024, 2048) dimensions. They can be rectangular (eg: 32x128)

(Source: http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Track_Creation_Guide)

Blackcaim

OK, Thanks for the info. Sorry I wasn't clear earlier.

Blackcaim

So, if I convert a JPG to BMP does that mean I can use it in KRP? Or does it have to go through another process to become True Colour?

LXS77

Quote from: Blackcaim on January 26, 2021, 03:35:56 PMOK, Thanks for the info. Sorry I wasn't clear earlier.
No worries.

Quote from: Blackcaim on January 26, 2021, 04:04:19 PMSo, if I convert a JPG to BMP does that mean I can use it in KRP?
Yes, it does.

Blackcaim

Quick Question, in tutorial 5, how was the initial grassy terrain made? The ones surrounding the track at the beginning.

LXS77

Quote from: LauZzZn on December 28, 2020, 12:36:10 AM
Quote from: ARI on December 26, 2020, 11:56:26 PMYou cannot see attachments on this board.

Idont know how to place grass around this. in the tutorial he showed how to bridge the grass, but not how to place it around the track.

You create it the same way as you create the kerbs!
Make a line on the edge of your track, then outline it, connect it, create a surface and it is done

Yeetuss

The tutorial videos are all private now. Do they not apply anymore?

Paolo Mamazza

Hi i'm new member and i'm a modder of assetto corsa. i would like to create a path from scratch using blender. the tutorials present tell me that they are private and I cannot open them to understand the workflow. can you help me?

LXS77

October 03, 2021, 07:47:14 PM #24 Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 01:57:53 PM by LXS77
Hi Paolo,

In general, the workflow will look like this:

escartiz

Hi LauZzZn
I am trying to watch your tutorials but all the links listed here say the videos are private. I actually already made my first basic track and imported it to KRP successfully. I have some experience with 3dS max so that helped but I would like to learn more or better techniques for making stuff, How could I gain access to your tutorials?

LauZzZn

Let me know which one
Quote from: escartiz on April 22, 2022, 09:30:02 PMHi LauZzZn
I am trying to watch your tutorials but all the links listed here say the videos are private. I actually already made my first basic track and imported it to KRP successfully. I have some experience with 3dS max so that helped but I would like to learn more or better techniques for making stuff, How could I gain access to your tutorials?
Quote from: escartiz on April 22, 2022, 09:30:02 PMHi LauZzZn

Should be visible again now!
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport