• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:58:35 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Steam KRP does not start, click on play, wait 5 sec and disappears

Started by Berni-Wan, October 21, 2020, 12:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PayeTonBlaze

Quote from: LXS77 on December 24, 2020, 05:26:37 PMHi, just found a thread from about 2 years ago: https://steamcommunity.com/app/415600/discussions/0/1692659769949093223/

No idea if the workaround still works, but might be worth a try. Install a Steam version of KRP, go to ..\SteamApps\common\Kart Racing Pro\ folder and rename or delete core.ini file, then try to launch the game.

Also, make sure that your antivirus doesn't block kart.exe, the game's main executable file. For instance, Microsoft Defender Antivirus is known to give a false positive when a standalone krp-rel11f installer is running.

Thx a lot for your help.
I've got always the same problem.
I install openal, nothing
I deleted core.ini, restart PC, but nothing...
I put launcher.exe in steam files, exec launcher, launch krp from it... but nothing
I download and clean install release11 in programfiles, krp start and I can play
I download and clean install release11e or f in programfiles, krp doesn't start
I download from steam (rel11f so) with licence, krp doesn't start !!
All krp.exe (steam folder or program folder) have good rights in firewall...

I'm so sad ! all the afternoon to try to find a solution...

Have a nice Chrismas day everyone.

PiBoSo

Quote from: PayeTonBlaze on December 24, 2020, 02:22:11 AM
Quote from: Berni-Wan on November 09, 2020, 10:54:03 PMWork, Format PC, install OpenAl firts, then KRP, now working
thanks everybody

Hi all,
this is the only solution ??
Have got same problem ...
Install Kart Racing Pro release11 works fine....but all version after doesn't work...nothing in task manager.
I've try with Steam install, because I've got KRP licence, but same as Berni-Wan, click on play, wait 5 sec and disappears...nothing in task manager.
Try to uninstall openal, uninstall krp, reboot, install openal, reboot, install krp.... same problem.
All others softwares work fine on my PC, all other steam game work fine, graphic drivers updated...
I've got a lot of programs so I don't want to format my PC just because a update software doesn't work...I play only with release11 's not a solution because can't play online with friends :(

Please, anyone have a solution ?

Please report if this link is useful: https://steamcommunity.com/app/415600/discussions/0/2972901184171687685/

LXS77

Besides, can you see any errors/warnings related to kart.exe in the Event Viewer? You can use Find in Actions window, search for kart.exe.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Quote from: PayeTonBlaze on December 24, 2020, 06:50:04 PMAll krp.exe (steam folder or program folder) have good rights in firewall...

A firewall and an antivirus are not the same thing, I'm afraid.

PayeTonBlaze

Quote from: LXS77 on December 24, 2020, 10:48:34 PMBesides, can you see any errors/warnings related to kart.exe in the Event Viewer? You can use Find in Actions window, search for kart.exe.

Quote from: PayeTonBlaze on December 24, 2020, 06:50:04 PMAll krp.exe (steam folder or program folder) have good rights in firewall...

A firewall and an antivirus are not the same thing, I'm afraid.

Sorry for my bad english expression, I'm french and I don't use google trad ;)...
of course firewall and an antivirus are not the same thing, sorry to afraid you
All is good for krp in firewall and antivirus...

Thx for the event viewer way...
result of the search on krp.exe:
QuoteNom de l'application défaillante kart.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x5f3abdc8
Nom du module défaillant : kart.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x5f3abdc8
Code d'exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d'erreur : 0x00000000002b4bcb
ID du processus défaillant : 0x276c
Heure de début de l'application défaillante : 0x01d6da1a691e5a53
Chemin d'accès de l'application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kart Racing Pro\kart.exe
Chemin d'accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kart Racing Pro\kart.exe
ID de rapport : 23346174-3fe3-4df8-9abd-604627fcdb5d
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l'application relative au package défaillant :

Apparently a false destination files folder ???

LXS77

Right... The code 0xc0000005 can mean a lot of things... And what does the Event Viewer say when you try to launch a standalone version? For example, 11f?

PayeTonBlaze

Quote from: LXS77 on December 24, 2020, 11:34:42 PMRight... The code 0xc0000005 can mean a lot of things... And what does the Event Viewer say when you try to launch a standalone version? For example, 11f?

event viewer with 11f clean install
QuoteNom de l'application défaillante kart.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x5f3aba48
Nom du module défaillant : kart.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x5f3aba48
Code d'exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d'erreur : 0x00000000002b414b
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1958
Heure de début de l'application défaillante : 0x01d6da47bb3095d2
Chemin d'accès de l'application défaillante : C:\Program Files\Kart Racing Pro\kart.exe
Chemin d'accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files\Kart Racing Pro\kart.exe
ID de rapport : 2b6ce9d4-cfe4-4947-b557-fe8c7bf45760
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l'application relative au package défaillant :

LXS77

So it's the same Code d'exception : 0xc0000005...

Try starting the standalone 11f with the following settings for kart.exe file:

And then check the Event Viewer.

PayeTonBlaze

Quote from: LXS77 on December 25, 2020, 12:15:01 AMSo it's the same Code d'exception : 0xc0000005...

Try starting the standalone 11f with the following settings for kart.exe file:

And then check the Event Viewer.

I've try this option before. Try again today... nothing
Thx a lot for your help. Time to sleep for me...

LXS77

No worries, mate, and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Did you check the error code after trying to launch 11f as an administrator? Was it still 0xc0000005?

BTW, what version of Windows are you running?

Also, PiBoSo asked you yesterday to confirm if the solution in the thread he had provided was helpful or not. So I understand that the antivirus software doesn't block kart.exe and you have already tried to install OpenAL many times and it doesn't resolve the issue. Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, have you downloaded and installed OpenAL 1.1 Windows Installer (zip) from https://www.openal.org/downloads/ ?

PayeTonBlaze

Quote from: LXS77 on December 25, 2020, 01:06:26 PMNo worries, mate, and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Did you check the error code after trying to launch 11f as an administrator? Was it still 0xc0000005?

BTW, what version of Windows are you running?

Also, PiBoSo asked you yesterday to confirm if the solution in the thread he had provided was helpful or not. So I understand that the antivirus software doesn't block kart.exe and you have already tried to install OpenAL many times and it doesn't resolve the issue. Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, have you downloaded and installed OpenAL 1.1 Windows Installer (zip) from https://www.openal.org/downloads/ ?

Launch 11f in administrator mod and still the "Code d'exception : 0xc0000005"

About windows:
edition: Windows 10 Professionnel
version: 20H2
version os: 19042.685

and yes, I download and install Openal 1.1 from the link.... but nothing :(

LXS77

OK, in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive you should see a list of folders with reports. Look for ones with kart.exe in their name (e.g. AppCrash_kart.exe_[long number]). Any report from yesterday will be fine. In the folder you should see a file Report.wer. Can you please attach that file so I can check it?

ProgramData is a hidden system folder. If you don't see it, go to File Explorer, click on File, choose Change folder and search options, in the View tab select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and press OK.

PayeTonBlaze

Quote from: LXS77 on December 26, 2020, 03:55:41 PMOK, in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive you should see a list of folders with reports. Look for ones with kart.exe in their name (e.g. AppCrash_kart.exe_[long number]). Any report from yesterday will be fine. In the folder you should see a file Report.wer. Can you please attach that file so I can check it?

ProgramData is a hidden system folder. If you don't see it, go to File Explorer, click on File, choose Change folder and search options, in the View tab select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and press OK.

Thx for helping mate... :)

LXS77

Oh, no worries, just trying to troubleshoot your issue.

Can you please try to do the following?
  • Press Windows Key + X and click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
  • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter

Let me know what the scan finds.

PayeTonBlaze

Quote from: LXS77 on December 28, 2020, 01:40:52 PMOh, no worries, just trying to troubleshoot your issue.

Can you please try to do the following?
  • Press Windows Key + X and click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
  • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter

Let me know what the scan finds.

Result of sfc / scannow
QuoteLa Protection des ressources Windows a détecté des fichiers corrompus et les a réparés.
Pour les réparations en ligne, les détails sont inclus dans le fichier journal de CBS situé à l'emplacement suivant :
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Exemple : C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Pour les réparations
hors connexion, les détails sont inclus dans le fichier journal fourni par l'indicateur /OFFLOGFILE.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>