• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:53:24 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Setup KZ1

Started by Ivan Rud'ko, March 03, 2020, 01:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan Rud'ko

March 03, 2020, 01:20:21 AM Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 01:56:31 AM by Ivan Rud'ko Reason: Append
Others-->Steer-->Ackermann - what is this setting? I can not translate this word.

General-->Engine-->Idle - Does this setting affect the efficiency of the motor on the move? If it is 0 or 5 - what difference will the engine make?
                                  Carburetor - As I understand it, the lower the number, the more efficient the engine works, but the greater the risk of overheating the motor?
                                  Radiator cover - What is do this setting?
Chassis-->Front hubs and Rear hubs - Increasing or decreasing the size of the hubs-does the behavior of the machine change? And what is Mg and Al - the hub metal material?  Magnesium alloy or Aluminum?

Sandhill

Alessandro Ceronetti

The ackermann and ratio, in game, determine how responsive the wheel is to the front end of the kart. The more steerin ginput you would like to put in when turnin for a corner, the more ratio and ackermann you put. Obviosuly the only bad thing about this is that it will feel like it is undertseering a bit
Alessandro Ceronetti,

Senior X30 Driver,
OKC Administrator and Founder
Kart Racing Pro World Champion
2x OKC Champion
4x OKC Vice-Champion
Season 1 SKM X30 World Champion
FPR Official Driver

Overdue

Quote from: Ivan Rud'ko on March 03, 2020, 01:20:21 AMGeneral-->Engine-->Idle - Does this setting affect the efficiency of the motor on the move? If it is 0 or 5 - what difference will the engine make?

I honestly don't know the answer to your question. I've tested it and found no appreciable performance gain.

On karts with a clutch/gearbox I set it to a number that allows the engine to keep running even if I remove any input to the throttle. I know of no performance gain found in this setting. Maybe someone can enlighten us both?

Quote from: Ivan Rud'ko on March 03, 2020, 01:20:21 AMCarburetor - As I understand it, the lower the number, the more efficient the engine works, but the greater the risk of overheating the motor?

That is mostly correct. Most everyone just set's it at 2.

Quote from: Ivan Rud'ko on March 03, 2020, 01:20:21 AMRadiator cover - What is do this setting?

This moves the cover over the radiator to increase the coverage (decrease airflow/increase temperature) or decrease coverage (increase airflow/reduce temperature). The lower the percentage the more airflow/lower temperature. The higher the percentage the less airflow/higher temperature.

Quote from: Ivan Rud'ko on March 03, 2020, 01:20:21 AMChassis-->Front hubs and Rear hubs - Increasing or decreasing the size of the hubs-does the behavior of the machine change?

Yes, longer hubs increase grip

Quote from: Ivan Rud'ko on March 03, 2020, 01:20:21 AMAnd what is Mg and Al - the hub metal material?  Magnesium alloy or Aluminum?

Yes. Magnesium is stiffer than aluminum. There is also a heat exchange component that could effect tire pressure/temperature, but I've never been convinced it can make enough difference to consider it.

YMMV
To Each Their Own