• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:55:00 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

help to convert rfactor track please

Started by buzzer, June 17, 2020, 11:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzer

Hello!
Can you help, please, to convert rfactor track for kart racing pro?
link to google map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/%D0%A2%D0%A0%D0%9A+%C2%AB%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B5+%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%86%D0%BE%C2%BB/@43.3574794,132.0823574,324m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x5fb3a56aecd3ee51:0x87d7c9d5660b3c30!8m2!3d43.3572611!4d132.0840623

track: http://www.primring.ru/files/Prim_Ring_Karting_Track.msi

LXS77

Hi, do you have any particular questions on the track conversion or are you just looking for someone to convert the track for you? If you have questions on the conversion, please ask, I'll see if I'm able to help.

buzzer

sorry, better track found for assetto corsa, now about assetto corsa->krp:
1) i opened track (from assetto corsa) in 3DSimED
2) export textures, export fbx
3) convert with FBX2EDF, and have the same problem - my .trp has only 112b (like this http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=7511.0)

buzzer

maybe because it exports in centimeters? but i don`t understand, how export in meters from 3dsimed.

LXS77

Hi, thanks for attaching the FBX file.

I'm afraid, before you start converting with FBX2EDF, there's still quite a lot to do in 3DSimED. At the moment, the converter doesn't see any familiar object names, so the .TRP is empty. You need to prepare the track and its elements for Kart Racing Pro by properly naming collidable objects and surfaces and converting textures to formats supported by the game. Please refer to http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Track_Creation_Guide – it's really helpful.

And yes, a resizing from cm to meters will be needed prior to exporting to the FBX format. In 3DSimED, click 'Edit' tab, choose 'Resize', then set re-scaling value for each axis (just put 100 in each field) and press OK.

LXS77

Hi again, one more thing which is worth mentioning. Please keep in mind that the game's graphics engine is not that advanced as Assetto Corsa's. The engine works best with low poly assets, more complex ones, depending on the computing power of your PC, can significantly affect the FPS. You will probably have to simplify, replace or delete quite a number of objects to make this edition playable in KRP, which IMHO makes the rFactor version a better candidate for the conversion :)

buzzer

Oh, how difficult it is. I probably can't do the conversion.
Please tell me, if I draw a new track, which program to choose? In 3dmax, I'm not strong.

LXS77

Well, a learning curve will be involved, but it's definitely not rocket science :) Perhaps, converting an Assetto Corsa track is a bit ambitious for a beginner, but an rFactor one – why not? 3DSimED and GIMP will be quite sufficient for this task. Just follow the Guide, rename objects and convert textures. Then you'll get your FBX file and will be able to proceed to FBX2EDF and then TrackED to finalise things. First iterations may not be perfect, but you'll get an understanding how the workflow goes and the quality will improve.

When creating a track from scratch, you can actually use any 3D editing software which is capable of exporting to an FBX format. However, it requires much more time and efforts and doesn't save you from using the converter and TrackED as there are no editors which can produce a ready-to-go track for Kart Racing Pro. It's funny, but arguably the most convenient tool for beginners Bob's Track Builder (BTB) still gives you a track in a rFactor format and again an editor like 3DSimED is required ;D

buzzer

I solved this problem:
1) up axis should be Y
2) rename road to TRKASPH_object1
3) export in FBX 6.0 ascii

buzzer

can you give an example of FBX file, with the names of objects for the KRP (pit in, out etc)? thanks!

LXS77

Quote from: buzzer on June 20, 2020, 06:23:42 PMI solved this problem:
1) up axis should be Y
2) rename road to TRKASPH_object1
3) export in FBX 6.0 ascii

1) and 2) Yep, well done!
3) It may be either a simple FBX ascii, FBX 6.0 binary or FBX 6.0 ascii.

LXS77

Quote from: buzzer on June 20, 2020, 06:32:20 PMcan you give an example of FBX file, with the names of objects for the KRP (pit in, out etc)? thanks!

Which version have you chosen to work on? The rFactor or AC? Things like pitin_ and pitout_ depend on the track surface structure.

buzzer

Hi, everything ok, but laps not counted, lap time not shown. What to check?

LXS77

Hi, check in TrackEd if the center line is merged and start-finish, speedtrap and splits are properly set (i.e. Long: is stated and all Left: values are negative and Right: - positive).