• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:06 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

[Release] Red lodge

Started by maxrod, July 31, 2011, 02:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxrod

July 31, 2011, 02:14:18 AM Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:44:14 PM by maxrod

Schwoni

do you build this track? or is it converted?

The Iceman Marco

The track looks good. But I don't like it. I think it's to small and a bit to bumpy at some places. But that's just the layout.

Nitrox

I think it's fun to drive, bumpy, but fun :) There is a problem with FFB, tough. I loose it after 1 to 5 rounds :(

dibu

Thanks for the track. :)

I have the same FFB problem.

maxrod

The track is built from scratch, It is built from gps no bumps added that is how the track would be, I didn't think it was that bumpy, cant understand why the loss in ffb the last test i done was 20 laps with no problems, any suggestions would be great as i dont have the problem with this track or other tracks in rfactor or other sims. lots of hour spent trying to sort this out.

Schwoni

don`t know what this is with FFB, it is the same like dijon and some other tracks so don`t worry. Only on some parts isn`t the gras and asph merged and one kurb is bumby i think because grass what is through kurb. I also feel some bumbs but the are all ok.

maxrod

July 31, 2011, 07:48:57 PM #7 Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:59:17 PM by maxrod
 loaded it up in 3dsmax could sort it out but it would be better to move on to a new track. This was just a local track is not the best in the uk as there is lots of them will do one off the bigger ones next. I was wondering if the ffb could be to do with, As i am runing on xp as i was having problem with btb with vista locking out, maybe anyone could tell me what windows 7 is like with it as the man who made btb has abandoned it.

oppolo

August 01, 2011, 11:37:03 AM #8 Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:44:59 AM by oppolo
in my opinion it is not too bumpy

also here i loose FFB

xp

oppolo

it seems it loose FFB especially when hit a curb, but sometime also on the track

EVO

how did you make your track from GPS? the idea is very interesting
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

maxrod

There are several ways to do this if you build a track through 3dsmax you can use google sketchup to add location toggle terrain then export 3d then import into 3dsmax then loft track, if useing btb as most people are, This is off top of my head as i don't have btb at moment, you will need google earth ruler path, save as  i think it is kml then you can use 3d route builder to get terrain, then import into btb, you will need to play about with it, hope this help, it will never be 100 percent but it helps, if you google there are some tutarials it is just finding them.

EVO

November 22, 2011, 05:07:20 AM #12 Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:10:22 PM by evo1087
Thanks. I think there are way too many flat tracks at the moment.  this seems like a pretty simple method. 
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

nmpcs

I tried the track and I loved it.
It's very technical.
Great stuff :)

LauZzZn

Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport