• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:11 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

then the problem is the shape, not the grip :?

thx

GhostriderPl

Kerbs have the same grip of asphalt B.
[/quote]

really? i feel like on ice when i drive on them staying on the gas......
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

Schwoni

is it possible to do them in next beta also editable? like asphalt? for example TRKAKERB, TRKBKERB ...  ?

Schwoni

`Hi,
I don`t get my traffic lights working. I have done a red texture, a green and a black. The red are renamed to Starting_LightR1_ON.TGA, till 4. The green one Starting_LightG_ON. This textures i have put on my light and tried it first after this it was always on, maybe i have had only the ON textures?

After this i have done new materials, used this Black textures and called it the same only with OFF. Put this in new balls in 3ds and after this  i have put them on my Green and Red Texture which was maybe working ;) After i have only a black light nothing is working. What i have to do?

Nitrox

As far as I understand it I think you need to create one lights off texture (ie a black one), clone it several times and call it

Starting_LightR1_Off
Starting_LightR2_Off

These textures should be the standard textures for your object.

Then you need a red light texture, name it

Starting_LightR1_On
Starting_LightR2_On

and a green one with

Starting_LightG_ON

They have to be in the same folder as the off textures mapped to your object. Then create textfiles (txt) named like your off textures (Starting_LightR1_Off, ...) and put the name of the corresponding on texture in the first line of it.

Hope this helps, otherwise maybe Aritz could help, I think he got it working once.

Aritz

July 11, 2011, 03:49:02 PM #65 Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:50:39 PM by Aritz
I have two questions about the trees. My trees are invisible from one side...

I did them using 3 texturized planes but the planes are double faced (6 planes in fact) something like that but very very close each other: ||

I can see Essay's trees and they are simply as mine but the difference is that they have the foliage texture planes far away each other: |    |

Like as said, my trees have those planes very near, they almost are like one in fact. Is this the problem?

Second question:  Using this "star" plane position (foliage) the game shows them with an awfull shadow, how can I avoid this?

By the way, I have the same problem with the mountains, is there a solution?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on July 11, 2011, 03:49:02 PM
Second question:  Using this "star" plane position (foliage) the game shows them with an awfull shadow, how can I avoid this?

From wiki page: http://tools.piboso.com/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules
"Trees leafs must have the TREE string inside the name (eg: CK_TREE.TGA)"

This gives the surface a uniform lighting.

Aritz

I found my mistake, apologies again...

In 3dmax I was using the 1 sided trees, the old ones... Now I've cloned the 2 sided and I can see 3d trees from all angles and the CK solved the shadow.

Thank you

Aritz

I am trying to do 3D grass.

Is this file correct?

File "grass.grs", content:

grass.tga
gravel.tga

So 3D grass will be created over grass.tga and gravel.tga areas.

Grass_density.tga could be done like rain puddles? (using alpha channel and painted random areas and mapped in the grass.tga in glossiness channel)

Thx

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on July 28, 2011, 09:10:00 PM
I am trying to do 3D grass.

Is this file correct?

File "grass.grs", content:

grass.tga
gravel.tga

So 3D grass will be created over grass.tga and gravel.tga areas.

Grass_density.tga could be done like rain puddles? (using alpha channel and painted random areas and mapped in the grass.tga in glossiness channel)

Thx

Wiki page updated:
http://tools.piboso.com/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules#3D_Grass

Aritz

Thank you, now is clear for the begginers (hopefully I understood the rules)

Nitrox

August 01, 2011, 12:42:22 PM #71 Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:30:47 PM by Nitrox
Piboso, could you post an example of the texture file (eg lonato one)? I think I have an idea what it should look like, but this would really help :)

Edit:

Just something for you to laugh :P

PiBoSo

Quote from: Nitrox on August 01, 2011, 12:42:22 PM
Piboso, could you post an example of the texture file (eg lonato one)? I think I have an idea what it should look like, but this would really help :)

Just create four 128x64 textures with several grass blades drawn on each one ( from bottom to top, like a side-view ). Then pack them into one 512x64.

Nitrox

Thanks you, already got it, this really is a great feature  :) For BTB track creators 3D grass really makes a difference, you need to remove/eplace the grass under the curbs!

Aritz

you mean when the grass beggins just from the track even where kerbs are?