• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:38:18 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

bodywork VS engine

Started by oppolo, April 02, 2019, 08:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

where is the string/file where an engine is assigned to a bodywork?

Taddzy

welcome back oppolo, what exactly do you mean by this
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

oppolo

April 03, 2019, 01:23:37 PM #2 Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:26:05 PM by oppolo
Hi, thanks
I'd like to do a 4T engine with  4 gears, but the structures of files has changed from my last visit...so I dont know how to tell KRP  to use this engine with this chassis

Birel-Rotax 42

Quote from: oppolo on April 03, 2019, 01:23:37 PMHi, thanks
I'd like to do a 4T engine with  4 gears, but the structures of files has changed from my last visit...so I dont know how to tell KRP  to use this engine with this chassis
The bodywork is now distinctly separate from the chassis. This means that Tony Kart pods can be run with a CRG chassis and any other combination you could think of.

As far as linking an engine to a certain kart, you may want to reference the KZ1 engine files. As far as I know, there are three variations of each engine "i", "m", and "v" which represent Iame, Maxter, and Vortex. However, as I did with the Rotax, it is possible to only use one engine for all karts. For each engine you add, you will have to add a 'kart' folder that indicates which kart is allowed to use this engine. I believe the 'kartname.ini' file will give you the options to say which karts can be used. One folder for each kart.

I can make a video tutorial if needed. It's hard to explain without the visual aspect.

oppolo

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on April 05, 2019, 05:01:48 PM
Quote from: oppolo on April 03, 2019, 01:23:37 PMHi, thanks
The bodywork is now distinctly separate from the chassis. This means that Tony Kart pods can be run with a CRG chassis and any other combination you could think of.

As far as linking an engine to a certain kart, you may want to reference the KZ1 engine files. As far as I know, there are three variations of each engine "i", "m", and "v" which represent Iame, Maxter, and Vortex. However, as I did with the Rotax, it is possible to only use one engine for all karts. For each engine you add, you will have to add a 'kart' folder that indicates which kart is allowed to use this engine. I believe the 'kartname.ini' file will give you the options to say which karts can be used. One folder for each kart.

I can make a video tutorial if needed. It's hard to explain without the visual aspect.
thank you, not necessary the video, I confused "karts" with "bodyworks"