• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Can we make Kart Racing Pro a better sim?

Started by SupremeTaco, November 02, 2018, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SupremeTaco

KRP hasn't really had any competitors since it has been released as karting sims aren't exactly the most popular for of racing sim but now, KartKraft has changed that. Although KartKraft is in early access right now and KRP still has by far, the best physics in a karting game, (Beside possibly RF2) I do believe that KK is going to be a much more popular and more well done game than KRP. Part of this has to do with the much, much better graphics and how I'm assuming more beginner friendly. Some of this also has to do with the fact that KRP has both very little content and is very hard to find. The amount of content is much harder to fix but is still pretty simple and making it easier to find will help with that problem as it will hopefully make multiplayer slightly less dead. The easiest way to add more content is to add A.I but is still quite difficult to execute properly and the seem to avoid this problem a lot. I feel like creating a KRP YouTube channel and posting content would boost it's popularity a bit but also updating the website, forums and adding leaderboards could be useful. Adding more karts and definitely adding more tracks (specifically some U.S. tracks) could also help to boost the game's popularity.

So, most importantly, does the community want some of these changes to take place?

Raise

KRP already has leader boards and even a ranking system that in theory allows you to filter out drivers who havent completed enough races (think iracing licenses).

I find it odd you say the easiest way to add content is ai then say its complicated then suggest that more tracks and karts get added...

Rfactor 2 karts have suspension, just cause they feel the best at face value doesnt make them the best, consider also that they dont have a kart specific set up screen krp blows rf2 out of the water easily but sim racers (not karters) dont care about set up screens being accurate to real life i guess cause ive never seen anyone complain or even bring up that fact as a negative.

KRP definitely used to be hard to find, hell i found out about it via the original kart sim (not rf2, kart sim that is now kartkraft) facebook page but now its on steam with multiple other sim racing games and shows up when you search kart on there as well as being super well known on most sim sites see race department VirtualR and others it could still be helped of course and its generally not advertised or pushed any where even the facebook page for it is unofficial and is a ghost town for posts except when something gets done for a german  :P

Content would be good, update engines, add more bodywork, more tracks could help in the short term but people have very short attention spans (see how often people ask for a rotax mod) and so its not the end all be all solution especially when you consider theres like 100+ mod tracks in the database and the X30 and OK engines are in as mods as well as a couple brazilian engines and a super X30.

Ai isnt even the solution in my mind either, its multiplayer, better league support, easier to get on a hot lap with friends, better netcode, all of these to me would make this game way more viable then adding some bots for you to pod off the track for 15 minutes and get bored.

Two of the most prosperous eras for the game came during a period when one or more leagues were active, now you get the KRPC which cant even hold more then one season cause theres like 6 people who are willing to commit to a league.

I know the old SKWC core left this game a while ago and even getting 2-3 of them on to screw around these days is next to impossible cause no one wants to sit down get 3 karts for a mock start and destroy each other in the first corner cause some one made slight contact and the game went super nova.

Its not fun its frustrating and leads to fights, that puts people off from even slightly being willing to consider starting a league let alone follow through.

I think the few of us who are still around want this game to do well but at the same time its been quite a few years of the same "lets get the netcode fixed and this game will be amazing" threads to the point where its just easier to leave it alone and quietly work on content largely in private

SupremeTaco

Didn't realize that they have leaderboards. They aren't very intuitive and I can't join it since I have the game on Steam but hey, they're there.

By saying that I meant that the easiest way to bring in new players is to add ai but it still isn't easy. I do also feel like adding a few extra tracks and maybe another kart or two could help.

I've never driven any RF2 karts, I've just heard good things about them.

I think it's still pretty hard to find. I had to do quite a bit of digging to find a good karting sim. It is a hard thing to improve this though.

It absolutely needs more content.

A better online experience would be a much better solution then ai but the multiplayer is basically dead (in the U.S at least.)

I don't know why no one is willing to enter a league though. It's ridiculous and it's the only way to make the game interesting for more than a few hours. Maybe this problem is caused by the lack of players or the lack of active players? I don't know.

A thing about mods though. It's really hard to find mods from my very little experience. I've found a few on these forums but they are almost all very low quality. I don't understand why they don't just post all mods on RaceDepartment and make things a hell of a lot easier.

Raise

Didn't realize that they have leaderboards. They aren't very intuitive and I can't join it since I have the game on Steam but hey, they're there.

Nothing to do with steam, its a website every profile is on it

By saying that I meant that the easiest way to bring in new players is to add ai but it still isn't easy. I do also feel like adding a few extra tracks and maybe another kart or two could help.

I think it's still pretty hard to find. I had to do quite a bit of digging to find a good karting sim. It is a hard thing to improve this though.

In general its rare for any racing game to make the front page of steam but that doesnt make things hard just cause you have to do some searching thats just a lazy mentality and short of paying for advertising theres not really any easy way to improve that.

It absolutely needs more content.

It does need more content but thats not the band aid to this being a dead game.

A better online experience would be a much better solution then ai but the multiplayer is basically dead (in the U.S at least.)

I don't know why no one is willing to enter a league though. It's ridiculous and it's the only way to make the game interesting for more than a few hours. Maybe this problem is caused by the lack of players or the lack of active players? I don't know.

"I know the old SKWC core left this game a while ago and even getting 2-3 of them on to screw around these days is next to impossible cause no one wants to sit down get 3 karts for a mock start and destroy each other in the first corner cause some one made slight contact and the game went super nova.

Its not fun its frustrating and leads to fights, that puts people off from even slightly being willing to consider starting a league let alone follow through."
Thats why I literally told you why no one wants to do it, cause the multiplayer is to rough to actually enjoy youre more likely to leave pissed at your friends then you are to have a consistent set of laps together and if you do get a couple laps its throwing ultra conservative moves and then it gets spread out.

A thing about mods though. It's really hard to find mods from my very little experience. I've found a few on these forums but they are almost all very low quality. I don't understand why they don't just post all mods on RaceDepartment and make things a hell of a lot easier.

It's not hard to find mods 200 people have managed to find the SKM forum the admins literally have massive banners advertising for it and the first thing you get when you search track database is a drop box with 100+ tracks to say it has to go on racedepartment is just plain lazy, just cause its not in your face from the second you buy the game or isnt on the largest sim racing forum doesnt make it a challenge no one is hiding things.