• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Do all mods created before V6 not work anymore?

Started by Sam Sanders, August 13, 2018, 04:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Sanders

I tried installing the Rotax Junior mod today on V6 and the game crashes each time I change into the kart.

Is this because anything that was made before V6 now doesn't work?

If so has anyone made a Junior Rotax mod that works with V6?

Sam.
Senior Rotax #34 <br /> British Karting Championship 2019 <br/> British Universities Karting Championship: UEA A #12

derechtenap

As far as I know the Rotax mod is currently broken. But Raise wrote in this post that Birel_Rotax planned to make one.

Raise

I really don't understand what is so complicated about something being outdated, as far as I know the last relevant response to birel_rotax's thread about the rotax is like 2 years old

Sam Sanders

Quote from: derechtenap on August 13, 2018, 08:01:48 PM
As far as I know the Rotax mod is currently broken. But Raise wrote in this post that Birel_Rotax planned to make one.

Sad times.

Hopefully, there will be an update at some point bc the mod was very useful.
Senior Rotax #34 <br /> British Karting Championship 2019 <br/> British Universities Karting Championship: UEA A #12

Sam Sanders

Quote from: Raise on August 13, 2018, 08:24:20 PM
I really don't understand what is so complicated about something being outdated, as far as I know the last relevant response to birel_rotax's thread about the rotax is like 2 years old

It's not complicated. I was clarifying if that was why the problem was occurring. That sucks about birels' thread. :(

Raise

Quote from: Sam Sanders on August 13, 2018, 09:38:45 PM

It's not complicated. I was clarifying if that was why the problem was occurring. That sucks about birels' thread. :(

You're like the 100th person to ask if the mod works man something must be complicated about it. As was said before birel_rotax is updating it, you were even linked to where I said he was working on it I was referring to the original post being old as hell.

Sam Sanders

Quote from: Raise on August 13, 2018, 10:15:18 PM
Quote from: Sam Sanders on August 13, 2018, 09:38:45 PM

You're like the 100th person to ask if the mod works man something must be complicated about it. As was said before birel_rotax is updating it, you were even linked to where I said he was working on it I was referring to the original post being old as hell.

People are just asking bc the mod was working and then they updated to V6 and it wasn't. And with the mods being inputted into folders by the user it's easy to think that it's something you've done wrong and as there is a forum with people on it makes sense to ask. Ok sorry, misread what you were saying about birel_rotax.

Raise

Its not like the mod broke from V5 to V6 its not even like the mod broke from V4 to V6 its been broken since  like B16. Not to mention if you think you some how messed up dragging and dropping two folders into another folder then to be honest I can't even fathom how you were able to work out making an account and posting(not trying to insult you here but come on man). It would be one thing if installing mods for this game was complicated but to be honest its not, so yea there's a forum with people on it but there's also a billion posts asking the same thing but looking around and doing research is too hard for people so they word vomit a post asking the same question for the hundredth time and go and warm up some tendies while they wait to get the same response some one else got 3 days before them.

Sam Sanders

Quote from: Raise on August 15, 2018, 03:33:24 AM
Its not like the mod broke from V5 to V6 its not even like the mod broke from V4 to V6 its been broken since  like B16. Not to mention if you think you some how messed up dragging and dropping two folders into another folder then to be honest I can't even fathom how you were able to work out making an account and posting(not trying to insult you here but come on man). It would be one thing if installing mods for this game was complicated but to be honest its not, so yea there's a forum with people on it but there's also a billion posts asking the same thing but looking around and doing research is too hard for people so they word vomit a post asking the same question for the hundredth time and go and warm up some tendies while they wait to get the same response some one else got 3 days before them.

Ah yeah I updated straight from B16 to V6 so the problem was new for me. Point taken, I can see that getting annoying.