• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:26:30 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

krp does not start anymore in offline mode

Started by oppolo, April 05, 2018, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Which version? Steam or standalone?
Does Kart Racing Pro start at all?

oppolo

steam version
double click on the desktop icon - yes in the window of admin rights - nothing, krp does not appear in the task manager neither

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on April 06, 2018, 04:38:17 PM
steam version
double click on the desktop icon - yes in the window of admin rights - nothing, krp does not appear in the task manager neither

Could the Kart Racing Pro executable ( kart.exe ) be blocked by an anti-virus?

oppolo

i dont use antivirus, err i use defender. anyway when steam is online krp start, i have already reinstalled krp

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on April 07, 2018, 10:55:52 AM
i dont use antivirus, err i use defender. anyway when steam is online krp start, i have already reinstalled krp

The Steam version of Kart Racing Pro requires that the user is logged in Steam.

Elvis_FIN

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 07, 2018, 10:12:28 PM
Quote from: oppolo on April 07, 2018, 10:55:52 AMi dont use antivirus, err i use defender. anyway when steam is online krp start, i have already reinstalled krp

The Steam version of Kart Racing Pro requires that the user is logged in Steam.
Hello. Any chance that you will change it so that it will also run when logged in Steam, but in 'offline' mode?

I run separate server machine for our sim community and on server I run Steam client in 'offline' mode. Any other sims I have no issue on this.
Or could you add separate dedicated_server.exe for game, which only can run dedicated server and work while Steam is in 'offline' mode?

With current requirement for keeping Steam 'online' basically ruin possibility to keep 24/7 dedicated kart server up and running.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Elvis_FIN on August 23, 2019, 08:37:55 PMHello. Any chance that you will change it so that it will also run when logged in Steam, but in 'offline' mode?

I run separate server machine for our sim community and on server I run Steam client in 'offline' mode. Any other sims I have no issue on this.
Or could you add separate dedicated_server.exe for game, which only can run dedicated server and work while Steam is in 'offline' mode?

With current requirement for keeping Steam 'online' basically ruin possibility to keep 24/7 dedicated kart server up and running.

The lastest version of Kart Racing Pro, release9b, should allow to run a dedicated server even when not logged into Steam:
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=6906.0

Please report if it works as expected.

Elvis_FIN

August 25, 2019, 01:18:23 AM #8 Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:27:32 AM by Elvis_FIN
Quote from: PiBoSo on August 24, 2019, 10:53:31 PM
Quote from: Elvis_FIN on August 23, 2019, 08:37:55 PMHello. Any chance that you will change it so that it will also run when logged in Steam, but in 'offline' mode?

The lastest version of Kart Racing Pro, release9b, should allow to run a dedicated server even when not logged into Steam:
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=6906.0

Please report if it works as expected.
Wow, that was fast support!

I can confirm that dedicated server is now able to run while Steam is in 'offline' mode.

Thank you very much!

Edit: If someone is struggling with Steam launch parameter warning window, then run server like this: E:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 415600 -dedicated 54411 -set params server1.ini
Just an example from my server. Change your own Steam path, port and ini-file. By this command there is no Steam launch parameter warning window and you can start kart game server automatically during server reboot.