• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:18:20 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

How long to create basic tracks?

Started by Rab42, November 27, 2017, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rab42

Hello, new to this forum.

I've read quite a bit on here while looking for UK tracks like Llandow, GYG, Clay Pigeon etc and realised that i'll probably be waiting around forever to see these tracks appear in the download database so now Im toying with the idea of getting into track creation.

Here's the thing tho, I'm not bothered about making tracks as realistic as possible when it comes to anything bar the layout itself. I wouldn't want to spend any time making pits, Marshall posts, trees, walls etc and probably wouldn't care about how accurate kerbs are either.

I appreciate that tracks can take months to build but my question is how long does it take to create just a flat track with no elevation changes that is accurate in layout and length to the real life thing?

Also how much am I likely to spend on software needed to achieve this?

Thanks

LauZzZn

Quote from: Rab42 on November 27, 2017, 11:43:50 AM
Hello, new to this forum.

I've read quite a bit on here while looking for UK tracks like Llandow, GYG, Clay Pigeon etc and realised that i'll probably be waiting around forever to see these tracks appear in the download database so now Im toying with the idea of getting into track creation.

Here's the thing tho, I'm not bothered about making tracks as realistic as possible when it comes to anything bar the layout itself. I wouldn't want to spend any time making pits, Marshall posts, trees, walls etc and probably wouldn't care about how accurate kerbs are either.

I appreciate that tracks can take months to build but my question is how long does it take to create just a flat track with no elevation changes that is accurate in layout and length to the real life thing?

Also how much am I likely to spend on software needed to achieve this?

Thanks

about 100 bugs on software:
Bobs Track Builder
3DSimed

If you are in rythm you could do that in 1-2 hours ready to run in game!
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Raise

assuming you have a modicum of 3d modeling experience you could have a track layout no kerbs no grass with a texture in probably 15 minutes tops if theres no elevation from there youre looking at an exponential  increase in time required to add every level of detail