• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:15:55 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

KRP Mini 60 Championship

Started by Blumotion, July 30, 2017, 01:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taddzy

Quote from: piloteo on August 21, 2017, 08:58:09 AM
name on KRP:matteo
kart paint:CRG official
suit piant:spain suit
Race Number:35
team:DM Competicion

I'm already 35 sorry
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Blumotion

August 22, 2017, 03:52:06 PM #31 Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:40:24 PM by Blumotion
UPDATE you will need to download tunngle THE FREE VERSION (an application that allows us to play on the same internet) so we wont have a problem with the ping here is the link  https://www.tunngle.net/en/download

When you have succesfully downloaded tunngle and have set it up correctly follow these procedures so the championship can run succesfully create an account when you have done so and have already installed tunngle if it takes you back too the downlaod page once you have created your account exit and go unto to tunngle and type in your account password and name. Then go too play your game and search kart racing pro when you have searched for it join it DONT CLOSE TUNNGLE and open kart racing pro local and the game should be their.

Taddzy

Quote from: Blumotion on August 22, 2017, 03:52:06 PM
UPDATE you will need to download tunngle THE FREE VERSION (an application that allows us to play on the same internet) so we wont have a problem with the ping here is the link  https://www.tunngle.net/en/download

When you have succesfully downloaded tunngle and have set it up correctly follow these procedures so the championship can run succesfully create an account when you have done so and have already installed tunngle if it takes you back too the downlaod page once you have created your account exit and go unto to tunngle and type in your account password and name. Then go too play your game and search kart racing pro when you have searched for it join it DONT CLOSE TUNNGLE and open kart racing pro local and the game should be their.

Sounds legit, not, Jerome I'm not downloading anything you tell me to, I wouldn't trust it tbh
Senior TKM

Raise

Quote from: Blumotion on August 22, 2017, 03:52:06 PM

So you dont have a dedicated server to run this series on you just intend to run it off your home net and think this is the solution to poor connection? I dont see any issues with that you certainly  are totally prepared for the demands of running a league (for those that are some what dense this is sarcastic)

Blumotion

I and some other people have tested tunngle and their are no viruses what so ever their are only advertisements which comes in the free version of tunngle, but if you don't want any advertisements you can buy the paid version of tunngle.
The reason I think we should use tunngle is because when kart racing pro has more then 10 drivers the servers crash weather it is a dedicated server or not but on tunngle we can run off LAN and because their are no servers on LAN kart racing pro works better and can have more then 10 drivers as i saw yesterday, when 8 drivers connected to my server on the Kart Racing Pro. It was a very laggy experience for my and the 8 drivers that had joined as their ping was all over the place some people having a ping of 200 until we downloaded tunngle and played on LAN, the connection was perfect i had no complaints as we all had max ping under 100 that is why I think we should download tunngle for the championship to be successful.

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Blumotion on August 23, 2017, 03:38:59 PM
I and some other people have tested tunngle and their are no viruses what so ever their are only advertisements which comes in the free version of tunngle, but if you don't want any advertisements you can buy the paid version of tunngle.
The reason I think we should use tunngle is because when kart racing pro has more then 10 drivers the servers crash weather it is a dedicated server or not but on tunngle we can run off LAN and because their are no servers on LAN kart racing pro works better and can have more then 10 drivers as i saw yesterday, when 8 drivers connected to my server on the Kart Racing Pro. It was a very laggy experience for my and the 8 drivers that had joined as their ping was all over the place some people having a ping of 200 until we downloaded tunngle and played on LAN, the connection was perfect i had no complaints as we all had max ping under 100 that is why I think we should download tunngle for the championship to be successful.

Throw back to SKWC having something like 20+ karts in a server and on track at once with no problems

Birel-Rotax 42

Just because ping is low doesn't mean the connection is stable or that the server can handle the connections. A server is only as strong as the weakest component, and when you start doing the calculations for 5+ karts it begins to use more resources. From my understanding, the SKWC server was a dedicated server-class build inside of a server farm. If I'm not wrong, it had 12 cores and something like 64gb of RAM and had a gigabit (1gb/sec) internet connection. SKWC spent money on making sure the server was not going to be the weakest link. By adding in a LAN component, you're adding latency by adding another layer that KRP and your computer have to communicate through. Just because you're running a KRP dedicated server off of a desktop doesn't mean that it will see the results that the folks over at SKWC got. They spent tons of time optimizing everything on that server to make sure that 24 karts could run. I'm not saying that using a LAN client isn't a good idea, I'm saying that (from my perspective) you're approaching the problem from the wrong side. Instead of using a client to "tighten" the ping, use a solid computer with very fast internet to decrease the probability of the server crashing. The SKWC servers nearly never crashed because the computer was well within its limits at all times. The same can't be said about a standard gaming PC, which is good for rendering but not for doing massive CPU-intensive calculations. And from what data was gathered from SKWC, the server relied heavily on RAM and CPU.

Just my two cents. Interested to see how this series goes, as there is a big commitment right now from the community. Good luck!

Taddzy

Ohhh please just shut up Jerome, you chat so much sh*t
Senior TKM

casasracingmotorsport

a lan server doesnt mean that people wont be laggy so if u wanna make a championship make it in a nomal server with 8 drivers lol

Blumotion

So what is the solution to making this championship work

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on August 23, 2017, 06:26:43 PM
Just because ping is low doesn't mean the connection is stable or that the server can handle the connections. A server is only as strong as the weakest component, and when you start doing the calculations for 5+ karts it begins to use more resources. From my understanding, the SKWC server was a dedicated server-class build inside of a server farm. If I'm not wrong, it had 12 cores and something like 64gb of RAM and had a gigabit (1gb/sec) internet connection. SKWC spent money on making sure the server was not going to be the weakest link. By adding in a LAN component, you're adding latency by adding another layer that KRP and your computer have to communicate through. Just because you're running a KRP dedicated server off of a desktop doesn't mean that it will see the results that the folks over at SKWC got. They spent tons of time optimizing everything on that server to make sure that 24 karts could run. I'm not saying that using a LAN client isn't a good idea, I'm saying that (from my perspective) you're approaching the problem from the wrong side. Instead of using a client to "tighten" the ping, use a solid computer with very fast internet to decrease the probability of the server crashing. The SKWC servers nearly never crashed because the computer was well within its limits at all times. The same can't be said about a standard gaming PC, which is good for rendering but not for doing massive CPU-intensive calculations. And from what data was gathered from SKWC, the server relied heavily on RAM and CPU.

Just my two cents. Interested to see how this series goes, as there is a big commitment right now from the community. Good luck!

Basically this...... ?

Blumotion

Raise

Quote from: Blumotion on August 24, 2017, 03:44:47 PM
any other suggestion

If youre fishing for a simple solution you plain and simple wont find one. Leagues arent just a for shits and giggles thing you will have a massive effort to get it off the ground and then to run it well is amazingly hard if you're not up to the task then you just close things out and move on

Cory_Hayes

Also, adding a third party program like what you are suggesting will make people who don't know anything about computers not want to race, people for the most part want to just race not download more programs.

I see the first race is tonight, I feel as though the only people you will get are your mates who you have tested the program with.

If you were to just do a normal public server, advise people to race around the lag ( it is doable ) you might get more numbers.

Alessandro Ceronetti

So is this going to get going today or not?
Alessandro Ceronetti,

Senior X30 Driver,
OKC Administrator and Founder
Kart Racing Pro World Champion
2x OKC Champion
4x OKC Vice-Champion
Season 1 SKM X30 World Champion
FPR Official Driver