• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:39 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

What do you need it for? Normally you do not need that for KRP
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

vizzz

Quote from: LauZzZn on August 12, 2017, 11:37:20 PM
What do you need it for? Normally you do not need that for KRP

I just want to move pitlane from start-finish straight to parallel straight.  In TrackEd there is Centerline menu item with different kinds of centerline. Please check attachment.  So I thought it could be my case...  But I didn't find how to use it properly... :-(

Raise

go to race data

click on the button in the red box

here is the two boxes you need to edit to move it to the other pitlane

LauZzZn

Thanks Raise for clarification, maybe I should have done that in my comment.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

vizzz

Thanks a lot!!!  You gave me good idea and I only switched from relative to absolute positioning of pits. Now I've got what I need.

PiBoSo

Quote from: vizzz on August 06, 2017, 01:16:13 PM
1. How to add many light sources (from lamps over the track) and not to use 1 ambient light (which perfectly suits for outside tracks)?
2. I didn't find proper material for walls. All wall materials from Track creation guide have too much friction and kart always stops when it touches walls. I'd like to add more sliding effect to walls - when you touch walls you loose some speed but continue to drive ahead.
3. How to make separate pitlane which is parallel to track and has pit entrance/exit? I tried to add additional line for centerline (in TrackEd) but I have no idea how to use this additional line for pitlane.

1. Support for multiple lights is in progress and will be added in the future.
2. Your request has been added to the TODO list.
3. Sorry for the late reply. Luckily other members already helped.

vizzz

Piboso, Thanks for your reply!

I hope to see them in game soon ;-)

PiBoSo

Track tools updated:
http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=downloads

Changelog:
fbx2edf: added the 64-bit version
edfexp / fbx2edf / TerrainEd: added support for the "SIGN_" prefix, for billboards overlapping walls
TrackEd / Map Viewer: fixed the loading of MAP files over 500MB
TrackEd: updated the bestline generation for GPB and KRP to support the latest replay format
TrackEd: the ESC key doesn't quit the program anymore

PiBoSo

October 19, 2017, 11:44:14 PM #443 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:47:04 PM by PiBoSo

TrackEd updated to add the possibility to set a relative angle for pits in absolute mode, too:

PiBoSo

Track tools updated:

Changelog:
fbx2edf: fixed the normals conversion
fbx2edf: fixed the negative scaled meshes conversion
fbx2edf: removed the 32-bit version
Map Viewer: fixed the puddles rendering
Map Viewer: added support for the shared skies folder http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Map_Viewer
Map Viewer: rectangular heightmaps support
TrackEd: rectangular heightmaps support
TerrainEd: rectangular heightmaps support
TerrainEd: fixed multiple scenes support

JoaquinPS21

Is there any prefix or a way to change the rendering/drawing distance of an object? I added some 3D environment with mountains to a track to get a environment closer to the real life track, but the rendering distance of it is really low, it only render a little part of one of the mountain when you are really close to it, nothing more  :-\

Birel-Rotax 42

Quote from: JoaquinPS21 on May 28, 2018, 09:59:16 PM
Is there any prefix or a way to change the rendering/drawing distance of an object? I added some 3D environment with mountains to a track to get a environment closer to the real life track, but the rendering distance of it is really low, it only render a little part of one of the mountain when you are really close to it, nothing more  :-\
You may be able to change the line in your profile.ini

It can be found in the Documents>PiBoSo>KartRacingPro>profiles

Try changing:

[gfx]
drawdistance=1000.0

Increase from 1000 to 1500 to start off. I believe the unit would be meters, but I could be wrong.

PiBoSo

Distant objects such as mountains should be exported as an EDF file and then set as background in the track AMB file.

JoaquinPS21

May 29, 2018, 11:29:48 PM #448 Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:39:11 PM by JoaquinPS21
Quote from: PiBoSo on May 29, 2018, 09:44:57 AM

Distant objects such as mountains should be exported as an EDF file and then set as background in the track AMB file.

Tried both metods, exporting the EDF file and then setting it as background works way better, but the only problem with this method is the lightning of the texture, it looks really bright in every weather (sunny/cloudy/rain). I will have to check why this happens, maybe is something with the lightning of the AMB file

AidenKempf

Quote from: JoaquinPS21 on May 29, 2018, 11:29:48 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on May 29, 2018, 09:44:57 AM

Tried both metods, exporting the EDF file and then setting it as background works way better, but the only problem with this method is the lightning of the texture, it looks really bright in every weather (sunny/cloudy/rain). I will have to check why this happens, maybe is something with the lightning of the AMB file

That track looks dope
They say nothing is impossible but i do nothing every day