• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:36 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

which is the best software?

Started by cooweb, August 06, 2017, 05:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooweb

I would really like to start building tracks on krp and I can't figure out which software will be the best. So which software should I be buying to create the best tracks on krp?

Cory_Hayes

Bobs track builder is the easiest to learn ( Race Track Builder is basically BTB V2.0 but its kind of shit )

3ds Max 2010 ( If you can even find the download for it anymore ) because you can get tools to import rFactor tracks ( BTB exports to rFactor ) and then you have the export to .EDF tool ( edf is the format of the models for KRP ).

There is a FBX to EDF converter for the newer 3ds max programs but its a bit crap, it just crashes, you can leave it for as long as you want and 9/10 times it crashes.

cooweb

how did you learn how to use bob's track builder, Cory?

Cory_Hayes

A friend taught me the basics of how to lay down a track and then I self taught from there
( I would literally have months worth of hours in BTB )

cooweb

LauZzZn

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on August 06, 2017, 05:59:01 AM
Bobs track builder is the easiest to learn ( Race Track Builder is basically BTB V2.0 but its kind of shit )

3ds Max 2010 ( If you can even find the download for it anymore ) because you can get tools to import rFactor tracks ( BTB exports to rFactor ) and then you have the export to .EDF tool ( edf is the format of the models for KRP ).

There is a FBX to EDF converter for the newer 3ds max programs but its a bit crap, it just crashes, you can leave it for as long as you want and 9/10 times it crashes.

Absolutely correct Cory.

A few tutorials exist for BTB and 3Ds max, I self-taught BTB, too. It is quite simple when you understood its workflow, everyone here is happy to help you on that :)
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport