• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

How many black people do you see at race meeting?

Started by jon_of_mine, March 21, 2017, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon_of_mine

March 21, 2017, 07:44:42 PM Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:46:49 PM by JonOfMine
I was just wondering because only I realise I am probably the only black driver at buckmore junior championships and it's kind of affecting me. My friends and family look at me weird when I say "When I'm 13, I'm going to try convince my dad to help me get an ARKS licence so I can race in junior rotax" or "When I'm older I want to be a race car driver" or "Every month me and my dad go to buckmore".

Gillestheracer13

Quote from: JonOfMine on March 21, 2017, 07:44:42 PM
I was just wondering because only I realise I am probably the only black driver at buckmore junior championships and it's kind of affecting me. My friends and family look at me weird when I say "When I'm 13, I'm going to try convince my dad to help me get an ARKS licence so I can race in junior rotax" or "When I'm older I want to be a race car driver" or "Every month me and my dad go to buckmore".
eh well interesting thread...

IMO i've karted for 14 years (now going to Gt3 irl) and ive never seen black people in my class as far as i can recall

I'm no racist at all btw

Race or Die.

jon_of_mine

Quote from: Gillestheracer13 on March 21, 2017, 07:52:36 PM
eh well interesting thread...

IMO i've karted for 14 years (now going to Gt3 irl) and ive never seen black people in my class as far as i can recall

I'm no racist at all btw

Thanks...
It's depressing. :/
As much as I want to believe I can be an race car driver in open wheel racing I know deep inside it's almost impossible because my family don't have the money unless Ron Dennis comes and asks "Do you want to join the Mclaren Young Driver Program?".

Marco Dakic

Ron Dennis will also only come if you have money :D or why his driver Programm Drivers all have money :D
3D Modeling :D

AidenKempf

Quote from: Marco Dakic on March 22, 2017, 10:09:23 PM
Ron Dennis will also only come if you have money :D or why his driver Programm Drivers all have money :D

Very true
They say nothing is impossible but i do nothing every day

jon_of_mine

Quote from: AidenKempf on March 22, 2017, 10:59:25 PM

Very true

Okay bye everyone. I'm gonna give up karting and play basketball. :)

LauZzZn

don't do that, live your dream ;) keep pushing

You see you can make it.
Gilles goes to GT3, I am having my 2nd year in Formula Renault 2.0

Everything is possible mate
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

jon_of_mine

Quote from: LauZzZn on March 23, 2017, 02:30:08 PM

You see you can make it.

I know that but am I Lewis Hamilton?

Gillestheracer13

Quote from: JonOfMine on March 23, 2017, 08:47:01 AM

Very true

Okay bye everyone. I'm gonna give up karting

Don't last year i almost quit karting cuz i though i was never going to be noticed by the real racing world anyway, even with a bunch of titles. and look at me now :D

Never give up on your dreams mate, if you want to be Lewis Hamilton (i wouldn't cuz i hate the guy lol ) then you can become him. if you want to you can!
Race or Die.

jon_of_mine

Quote from: Gillestheracer13 on March 23, 2017, 07:09:23 PM
Quote from: JonOfMine on March 23, 2017, 08:47:01 AM

Very true

Okay bye everyone. I'm gonna give up karting

Don't last year i almost quit karting cuz i though i was never going to be noticed by the real racing world anyway, even with a bunch of titles. and look at me now :D

Never give up on your dreams mate, if you want to be Lewis Hamilton (i wouldn't cuz i hate the guy lol ) then you can become him. if you want to you can!

AidenKempf

Quote from: JonOfMine on March 23, 2017, 05:27:54 PM
Quote from: LauZzZn on March 23, 2017, 02:30:08 PM

You see you can make it.

I know that but am I Lewis Hamilton?
Might not be but still you can race, my family doesn't have a lot of money, but that isn't stoping me, I still want to go race cars, and I might start to but don't give up if you don't make it always have a backup plan
They say nothing is impossible but i do nothing every day

Sam Sanders

You should do Junior Rotax at Buckmore!

I'm racing Junior Rotax there at the moment and my god, Buckmore is just epic in those things :P
Senior Rotax #34 <br /> British Karting Championship 2019 <br/> British Universities Karting Championship: UEA A #12