• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:11:08 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Exporting from 3ds Max

Started by Johner, January 04, 2017, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johner

Hey guys

I just started to creat some tracks. Now I should export the .map and trp. files. (I use 3dsMax 2017)
But I can't install the Plugin from Tracktools.  (I already put the plugin into the C:/.../3dsMax/plugins folder, but it didnt work)
Where do I have to put the files?

I also tried to export a FBX file and convert it into the edf files.
But the fbx2edf-converter doesnt work. I tried many different options, but everytime when I press OK, the programm crashes.

Could someone help me? I would really like to creat some nice tracks. When I finish these tracks, of course I will load them up for you guys.

Thanks

Raise

you must use 3ds max 2010 because we still haven't received an update to the exporters.

LauZzZn

Also, dont think the program crashes after clicking okay, it exports for quite some time and looks like crashing, but it doesnt
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: LauZzZn on January 05, 2017, 08:22:42 AM
Also, dont think the program crashes after clicking okay, it exports for quite some time and looks like crashing, but it doesnt

It does crash sometimes, I have tried using the FBX to EDF tool a couple times ( Yes it has worked before ) but a good 75% of the time it does crash the whole program and closes it and goes to submit the error to auto desk or what ever the error message is.

Johner

Thank you guys :D
Ill try the Max2010-Version. Hope this works

Raise

FBX was always an issue for me exporting engines seemed to work occasionally but tracks never worked and the bodywork i tried the axis were absolutely ruined or something as everything was 90 degrees to some direction, immediately tried reexporting through 2010 worked fine no changes in model literally just didnt use fbx