• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:23:28 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta15b

Started by PiBoSo, August 13, 2016, 01:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

The new bumpers will come as soon as possible.

dibu

First of all, the new beta is a good progress, thank you very much PiBoSo. The handling of the karts (tested KZ1 + F100) feels better than in beta14.

I've two questions:
The curbs at the new parts of Lonato 2016 feel different for me. When I slightly touch some of the inner curbs the karts spins or becomes unstable (KZ1). If I drive over the outer curb before the last three tight corners, the kart gets drawn to the outside wall. The old curbs which were also in Lonato_04 feel as always. Is it only me or are the new curbs different?

When I drive on a bumpy track like Nordschleife (KZ1), I've the impression that the kart jumps much more than in previous betas. Is it caused by the new tyres physics data? 

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on August 22, 2016, 07:00:30 PM
First of all, the new beta is a good progress, thank you very much PiBoSo. The handling of the karts (tested KZ1 + F100) feels better than in beta14.

I've two questions:
The curbs at the new parts of Lonato 2016 feel different for me. When I slightly touch some of the inner curbs the karts spins or becomes unstable (KZ1). If I drive over the outer curb before the last three tight corners, the kart gets drawn to the outside wall. The old curbs which were also in Lonato_04 feel as always. Is it only me or are the new curbs different?

When I drive on a bumpy track like Nordschleife (KZ1), I've the impression that the kart jumps much more than in previous betas. Is it caused by the new tyres physics data?

The kerbs of the new Lonato have been redone.
The bumpiness is probably due to the new chassis flex simulation code. The physics data will be tuned for the next release.

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 22, 2016, 09:12:49 PM
Also the first fast right and the three last tight corners? Because these curbs seem to be as before for me (except the checkpoints, which I think are much better set at Lonato 2016).

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on August 22, 2016, 09:39:07 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on August 22, 2016, 09:12:49 PM
Also the first fast right and the three last tight corners? Because these curbs seem to be as before for me (except the checkpoints, which I think are much better set at Lonato 2016).

The layout and camber of the "old" parts has been changed slightly, too, to try to make them more accurate.

fmaisonnave

The outside kerb before the hairpins of New Lonato is undrivable, when you touch it Kart goes everywhere

tebbers14

I must say that there has been positive progress.

Personally I feel the more betas put out public the better the game can be. :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: fmaisonnave on August 23, 2016, 02:17:31 AM
The outside kerb before the hairpins of New Lonato is undrivable, when you touch it Kart goes everywhere

The handling on kerbs is a known problem. It is under investigation and it will be improved in the next release.

Alessandro Ceronetti

I have a g27 logitech wheel and now that the new beta is out, i can't use the buttons on the side of the steering wheel with the H shaped gearstick. This is also happening on different games on different consoles. Please help
Alessandro Ceronetti,

Senior X30 Driver,
OKC Administrator and Founder
Kart Racing Pro World Champion
2x OKC Champion
4x OKC Vice-Champion
Season 1 SKM X30 World Champion
FPR Official Driver

tebbers14

Also at lonato, the grass is missing in turn that goes adjacent to the pits. I can do replay if needed. 

futureracer

with the new beta my logitech gt driving force pedals dont work anymore, they work on everygame but this one, the pedals are inverted so like 0 full on and 255 is resting but thats backwards.

LauZzZn

Try to recalibrate the pedals
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

dibu

I've some questions about the changelog:

Changelog:
new: karts default setups support
What exactly is it? How does it it work?

new: fixed setup option
I guess there is no way to define your own 'fixed setup' atm (at least I didn't find it) and the game's '-Default-' setup is the 'fixed setup'.
Will it be possible in a future release to define your own 'fixed setup'?

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on August 29, 2016, 08:24:51 PM
I've some questions about the changelog:

Changelog:
new: karts default setups support
What exactly is it? How does it it work?

It should now be possible to add setups in a "setups" sub-folder of a kart, and they should be listed in the garage.

new: fixed setup option
I guess there is no way to define your own 'fixed setup' atm (at least I didn't find it) and the game's '-Default-' setup is the 'fixed setup'.
Will it be possible in a future release to define your own 'fixed setup'?

Please post this request in the "Suggestions and wishlist" section of the forum.

skynet83

Just popped in to say thanks piboso, your simulation has the most realistic handling karts in the way you have to trail the brake in to the turn to get the kart to turn in, it feels accurate to me. Also i am able to get on the brake hard in the first part of the braking zone have the kart move around a bit under braking and still trail of the brake enough to get the kart to turn in, that tells me both chassis and tyre are working well. I cannot do this in any other simulated kart

RF2 failed, there karts feel like it has a chassis made of solid bar that does not flex enough and it has some crazy snap oversteer. Automobilista can't make the karts work because of the game engine limitations (no flex), although i thiink Niels is capable of great kart physics.

Keep up the good work,

regards