• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:01:39 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Help For a Noob

Started by Bacchulum, December 11, 2010, 05:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacchulum

I'm still a noob with photoshop so I'm hoping for some advice/help.
Here's what I've done so far but as you can see, the pin striping is very crude. :-[
(it was just done free-hand using the brush tool)
I was wondering if anyone knows how I can clean/neaten it up a bit?

T.J. Koyen

Doesn't look too bad to me. For striping like that, make sure you're using the brush at 100% hardness so you don't get fuzzy edges. Also if you hold shift down when you've got the brush out, you can do point-to-point clicking to create straight lines. Tends to be a bit easier than just trying to drag the brush along the edge.

But I like the Lotus look!
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

Bacchulum

My tribute to Ronnie Peterson ;)
(plus it's how my cockpit is painted)
Thanks heaps for the 'shift trick' and 'hardness' tip T.J., I wasn't aware of that so I'll have another crack at cleaning it up a bit (not that there are that many straight lines ::))

T.J. Koyen

Well you can use the point-to-point thing to click around corners too if you do lots of little straight lines. Takes away any jittery lines from your hand moving on the mouse.

And no problem!
Merlin/Parilla
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

Bacchulum

I need to learn so much more. :o
I can't find any point-to-point tool (maybe I was a bit ambitous with my first project ::))

Well, back to playing around with it and see what I can find......

Bacchulum

Thanks for all the help, I've still got a lot to learn but here's what I've got for now:

Jeffrey Rietveld

Looking good  ;D I'm trying to make a replica of a kombikart but dang, it's so hard, lol.

T.J. Koyen

It's looking good.

There's no "point-to-point" tool, but what I'm saying is when you hold shift down when using the paint brush, you can click point-to-point and it'll connect those points with a straight brush stroke.
Merlin/Parilla
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net