• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:42:57 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

you have to set your bit depth (range of displayed colors) to 16 and resolution lower to something you can tolerate where there is no lag. yes graphics will suffer butt game play will be smoother.  Is it's a laptop or desktop?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Scott W

Thanks,

Laptop, which I know is not the best for playing games - but it runs rfactor on full detail DX9 no sweat at all, so seems strange it plays up with this game.

Currently looking into a desktop that WILL run this and set up a simulator.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Scott W on June 14, 2011, 12:45:29 PM
Everything is on low..but with the bit depth, what is that all about? sorry for bringing this up in here..im on 32 bit Win7 if that helps, and my screen reso is 1366 x 768 (which it is currently set to in game)

Because of this lag i am not able to see what the game is realy like. so desperate to get these issues sorted.

My current specs are
Processor: Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU      2.2GHz (2 CPUs)
RAM: not sure about this, but in DX Diag under System info byt he heading :Memory, it has 3072MB RAM
Video Card: Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Direct X Version: DirectX 11

So looking at those I am lead to believe that the video card is the only thing holding me back....

Unfortunately Intel chips have poorly optimized OpenGL drivers.

Racehard

Quote from: evo1087 on June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

-    engines are on when driver goes to track if automatic idle is on.  Ability to start and stop the engine should sill be availaible  by Racehard

I think you got me wrong, I meant the engines should have to be started first after going to track. At the moment with automatic idle turned on, the kc1/3 engines are already turned on when the driver goes to the track, which is kind of sad, because then there is no need of the electric starter anymore.
The ability to start and stop the kc1/3 engine anywhere on track would be nice too.

+1 for the tuck gesture (but from onboard view the field of view has to change aswell and it has to be a disadvantage if you look down and can hardly see the track ahead anymore (besides the advantage of less air resistance) otherwise all drivers will permanently tuck and that might look quite silly).

+1 for hand choke

+1 fuel lines in cockpit view

+1 make it harder to look back (not 180 degrees, it should be more over your shoulder)

+1 for radiator cover (do they change the position of that in real life during a run, if so that would be another nice animation)

+1 More grip on racing line opposite in wet by oppolo

+1 going off track has effect on tire grip not just visual (isn't this already implemented, or does this only take place in my head?)

+1 Improved steering wheel template that allows multi color wheels and centers

And another wish of mine would be a dynamic racing line in both dry and wet conditions, which evolves throughout a session (a drying up track in the wet and in the dry a track which evolves from a "green" track into a "rubbered in" track), probably a nightmare to implement, but definitely something really great. If this was even supported by a visual experience my dreams would have come true.

As a last point a question to PiBoSo, are there already any plans for an ICA 100 cc engine?
If not that would probably be on top spot, of my wishlist for the final release :D
Thanks in advance.

Aritz

+1 to the dynamic racing line

And like opolo said, in wet conditions this rubbered racing line has to have less grip than the rest of the track. +1 to opolo

I couldn't find this other suggestion:

Less grip on wet. Don't you feel that you drive more easy and faster than the real world in wet?

Josi

+1 ICA 100 cc engine
+1 to the smoke exiting from exhaust
+1 to have the option to race against ai drivers
+1 to the tuck gesture

Racehard

Quote from: Aritz on June 15, 2011, 07:53:03 PM

Less grip on wet. Don't you feel that you drive more easy and faster than the real world in wet?

+1 on that, the overall grip level in the wet is way too high at the moment.
Take a look at this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rF7w1GV-ms
Just looks extreme slippery, and that's definitely what it is NOT like in krp at the moment.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on June 15, 2011, 07:03:05 PM

+1 going off track has effect on tire grip not just visual (isn't this already implemented, or does this only take place in my head?)

Of course it is already implemented.

Josi

Quote from: Josi on June 15, 2011, 08:02:23 PM
+1 ICA 100 cc engine
+1 to the smoke exiting from exhaust
+1 to have the option to race against ai drivers
+1 to the tuck gesture

I forgot...
+1 hand choke

Here some ICA (Inter A)

http://youtu.be/gxecVN7h84w

Racehard

Quote from: Josi on June 15, 2011, 09:12:14 PM
Here some ICA (Inter A)

http://youtu.be/gxecVN7h84w

Great :)

Another thing which should be corrected in a future release, in my opinion is the gravel and how it behaves, when you run over it.
I mean I don't have any experience with that at all, but i don't think that the gravel would stop you that suddenly if you go through it at high speeds.
How do you think about that? Anybody ever driven his kart off track into gravel?

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

alphafloor

+1 for less grip on wet.

Also, another idea: evolving weather.

For example, instead of knowing that it will be for sure a full race on the dry or wet, just knowing what will be the weather at the start of the race.  Then the weather could change during the race, for example it starts to rain after a few laps, etc.

I think that would make racing much more realistic and more enjoyable because we will have to adapt to the new track conditions as we have to do for a real race.

Josi

It would be nice also to have engine failures if you don't warm up the engine correctly.
But for doing this it would be necessary to start the engine from zero and warming up a little in boxes and on the track.
The engine could have a failure even with low temperatures, not only when it's very hot.

Aritz

Quote from: Josi on June 17, 2011, 10:17:53 AM
It would be nice also to have engine failures if you don't warm up the engine correctly.
But for doing this it would be necessary to start the engine from zero and warming up a little in boxes and on the track.
The engine could have a failure even with low temperatures, not only when it's very hot.

Interesting. Maybe the warming up in boxes is unnecessary but on the track, the first two laps (in cold days) have to be done slowly.

+1

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website