• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:19 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Speed Art | CRG 2016 Factory

Started by Ryan Harris, January 14, 2016, 08:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Harris

Just a bit of fun designing the 2016 CRG. This is my first video, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkDfa67JXMc

EVO

Nice vector skills. I was trying to follow along, but I got lost at how you made the curves and sharp points on the same path.  When i make a large curve its hard to go direcrly into a sharp point. Have You done vinyl yet? Im sure one of the these kart graphics companies would give you a fun side job.   
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Ryan Harris

Hey EVO,

Thanks mate!

Yeah it turned out abit too fast for my liking, reason being I wanted to keep the video to 6 minutes or less. In terms of working with anchor points to get the sharp corner, hold your alt key when using the direct selection tool. You will be able to move the individual handle/node independently from the opposite handle/node.

And yes, I own my own sole trading graphic design business 'thydesigns' & im delving into the world of racecar/kart wraps. You can find my website here www.thydesigns.com.au OR https://www.instagram.com/thydesigns/ for more regularly updated content.

I also work for a large printery where we also design car wraps. However we do mostly paper based design/printing e.g. Flyers, Posters, Books, Signage, Window Signage etc etc

Basically everything we design in is Vector format (Adobe InDesign & Illustrator). Rarely do we ever use Photoshop.

Glad you enjoyed the video!

I want to make another video of the footage I recorded when making the suit. So that one might be abit easier to follow.

EVO

Vector is great. How do you control the lowering of resolution from infinity to pixel level for the ingame product?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Ryan Harris

All textures that I export out are resized to 4096x4096 - Much better result ingame.

Oscar Pedersen

Cool can you make Other paints also

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Oscar Pedersen on March 20, 2018, 08:22:56 PM
Cool can you make Other paints also

Ryan hasn't been active in 2 years.....?