• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:04 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Next KRP build..

Started by Cory_Hayes, October 09, 2015, 07:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on December 14, 2015, 01:31:35 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 14, 2015, 01:18:55 AM
Quote from: Racer80 on December 13, 2015, 10:20:01 PM
Can you give a release date now Piboso?

Sometime between late January and the end of February.

Can you do anything about the numbers plz?

The plan is to fix the CRG numbers size and also the TK lods bug.

PiBoSo

Quote from: DRkarter97 on December 14, 2015, 03:12:14 AM

Tfw krp is being updated when KartKraft is coming out

Looking at the videos and the description it doesn't look like KRP and KK will be direct competitors.

Racer80

looking forward to the new release :-)

PiBoSo

December 15, 2015, 12:17:39 AM #33 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:23:34 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: DRkarter97 on December 14, 2015, 07:28:38 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 14, 2015, 06:03:08 PM

Looking at the videos and the description it doesn't look like KRP and KK will be direct competitors.

It's a kart racing game that has plans to have super realistic physics even if it's some what aimed at console players and hardcore Sim racers doesn't mean it won't directly compete. I mean I guarantee pretty much every person who plays krp will buy kk when it release so if that's not competition I don't know what is.

Maybe. Or maybe not.
It is worth mentioning that KK has something like 100x the KRP budget, so there can't be competition anyway... No one can fight against the power of money  :)

Cory_Hayes

The thing that will more than likely win people over is the fact that it has laser scanned tracks and you can buy stuff, I know that in a way that does take out the " sim " part of the game, but at least we have stuff to work towards instead of just doing lap after lap, I do think heaps of people will play KK and will probably preffer it, but I don't think KRP will be dead, it will just be at a low point for a couple months until the novelty of of it wears off

PiBoSo

Quote from: DRkarter97 on December 15, 2015, 03:45:04 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 15, 2015, 12:17:39 AM

It's a kart racing game that has plans to have super realistic physics even if it's some what aimed at console players and hardcore Sim racers doesn't mean it won't directly compete. I mean I guarantee pretty much every person who plays krp will buy kk when it release so if that's not competition I don't know what is.

Maybe. Or maybe not.
It is worth mentioning that KK has something like 100x the KRP budget, so there can't be competition anyway... No one can fight against the power of money  :)

:o regardless of budget it is going head to head with krp in the exact same niche genre that is kart based sim racing, even if the physics are a little dodgy or there is like an online career mode doesn't mean it won't compete.

True.
But the point is that it doesn't change KRP plans, because unfortunately there's nothing really that can be done to compete.

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 15, 2015, 11:24:35 AM
Quote from: DRkarter97 on December 15, 2015, 03:45:04 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 15, 2015, 12:17:39 AM

Maybe. Or maybe not.

:o regardless of budget it is going head to head with krp in the exact same niche genre that is kart based sim racing, even if the physics are a little dodgy or there is like an online career mode doesn't mean it won't compete.

True.
But the point is that it doesn't change KRP plans, because unfortunately there's nothing really that can be done to compete.

Can I be a global moderator?

HamletBandit (tonykartmini)

hamletbandit for krp master admin

fmaisonnave

Maybe too late PiBoSo... The new Kart Sim by that time will be released of going to be released, with better Graphics, better karts, better physics and better ui. So we are going through the last 2 months of KRP if anything changed here

fmaisonnave

Quote from: DRkarter97 on December 16, 2015, 01:28:57 PM
Quote from: DRkarter97 on December 16, 2015, 06:10:31 AM
Quote from: fmaisonnave on December 16, 2015, 04:37:16 AM

Maybe too late PiBoSo... The new Kart Sim by that time will be released of going to be released, with better Graphics, better karts, better physics and better ui. So we are going through the last 2 months of KRP if anything changed here

I have literally no idea what you mean by maybe to late I don't even know what you're trying to achieve by posting this. But to address your other points, sure it looks better and maybe you like the ui better but you have yet to drive the karts and just because it has some aussie 100cc engine doesn't mean it has better karts.

Welp with their release of photos of the formula k rip Krp. Kart Kraft already has plans to have the OK engines along side the KF plus they have the crg with M4 pods which we've been begging for for months with no word from any one about it even being possible
The only con that i think that kartkraft have is modding, that i think it is not supported but i have everything i want, that aussie engines are awesome, ok engines, kf, and even mychron 5 i can see in the pictures of the formula k, and if it have the Tony Kart Licence i say you piboso to not develop anymore this game

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: fmaisonnave on December 17, 2015, 02:29:16 AM

I have literally no idea what you mean by maybe to late I don't even know what you're trying to achieve by posting this. But to address your other points, sure it looks better and maybe you like the ui better but you have yet to drive the karts and just because it has some aussie 100cc engine doesn't mean it has better karts.

Welp with their release of photos of the formula k rip Krp. Kart Kraft already has plans to have the OK engines along side the KF plus they have the crg with M4 pods which we've been begging for for months with no word from any one about it even being possible
The only con that i think that kartkraft have is modding, that i think it is not supported but i have everything i want, that aussie engines are awesome, ok engines, kf, and even mychron 5 i can see in the pictures of the formula k, and if it have the Tony Kart Licence i say you piboso to not develop anymore this game

You will be able to mod kartkraft...

Ryan Harris

fmaisonnave

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on December 17, 2015, 05:27:36 AM
Quote from: fmaisonnave on December 17, 2015, 02:29:16 AM

You will be able to mod kartkraft...
Didnt know, cant wait for kartkraft!

PiBoSo

Better physics?  ???
Never sell the skin before you've caught the bear.  ;)

Maybe too late, but hopefully there will be space for both: one for more casual karters, and one for the hardcore simmers  :)

PiBoSo

It would be a shame for KRP to die before it was even allowed to show its full potential  :'(