• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:20:12 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Villarcayo ALPHA 3

Started by Aritz, June 08, 2011, 11:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

June 08, 2011, 11:52:19 AM Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:59:12 PM by Aritz
Here the ALPHA track  :D

This is the Alpha3, now the kerbs are redone and they are realistic (hopefully)

Many other changes too. Let me know the bugs and I am open to the suggestions!

Don't expect a pretty track yet, it is only for testing. I have done many updates but there is a lot to do and a lot to improve

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I644YF4E

(megaupload fails often, try the link more times, it should work)

And the real track:

And one onboard lap with very bad grip but I had a lot of fun that day as you see :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u1D2WpkB-s

Same day, edited video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cth_-J6hUyg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Stark

I first thought it was in-game  ;D Looks like a fun track.  :)
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

Kosmic69

When will this be released

Aritz

I had my Alpha version but somehow it didn't work.... Some little bug that I can't find for sure.

I have to go this weekend, so my intention is to find this bug and to upload the track next week.

Josi

Another great trak from Aritz for sure.
We are waiting for it!
Thank you so much.

Boris Malinov

With what program you make tracks? BTB ?

Aritz

Track launched ;)

I use BTB and 3dMax for conversion :)

Schwoni

oppolo

Aritz

June 16, 2011, 08:59:00 PM #9 Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:30:55 AM by Aritz
Yes, I realised that.... That material is sand in the track editor, but it don't works like it has to. In the next release, I will change it to sand. (PIBOSO: the gravel is not so real I think)

And yes, the kerbs have to be flat in most of the track, but I did them fast (like everything else) and I couldn't done them like I wanted to. In the next release, they will be as real as I can. By the way, Villarcayo has very strange kerbs in three points, and all of them launch you to the outer space if you don't drive carefully ;) My intention is to do the track with this kind of details and that is the reason for the public alpha version, I need support with tests.

I have to say that I didn't test my own track yet... I am very busy these days, hopefully I am be able to test it tomorrow or on Sunday.

Thank you for your comments, your help is very important :)

Aritz

I see other "bug":

Speed trap is to late, you are braking before my chosen point and your speed is too low. In real track, the KZ2 speed is near 130kph :)

Can you put me a screenshot with the exact point of the braking?

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on June 16, 2011, 08:59:00 PM
By the way, Villarcayo has very strange kerbs in three points, and all of them launch you to the outer space if you don't drive carefully ;) My intention is to do the track with this kind of details and that is the reason for the public alpha version, I need support with tests.

where should be these strange kerbs?

Quote from: Aritz on June 16, 2011, 09:58:48 PM
I see other "bug":

Speed trap is to late, you are braking before my chosen point and your speed is too low. In real track, the KZ2 speed is near 130kph :)

Can you put me a screenshot with the exact point of the braking?

what do you mean?

oppolo

for me max speed with ks1 after the start line is 123, but i don't know if you  wanted to know this.
i haven't understood what is the speedtrap, but never mind, you know

Aritz

Quote from: oppolo on June 17, 2011, 09:55:45 AM
for me max speed with ks1 after the start line is 123, but i don't know if you  wanted to know this.
i haven't understood what is the speedtrap, but never mind, you know

Speed trap is one "sensor" to catch your maximum speed. In the real track, this max speed is in the backstraight. Is here after the start line? If yes, the problem is the kerb on the 3rd turn. That should be the most spectacular turn in the track. This picture will be usefull for me, to improve it, and you can see how to take the turn:

Eslotes

Lo mejor de la foto es la pegatina de Douglas de las llantas :P
PD: ¿quién es?
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.