• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:36 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

X30 Senior Race 4 @ Moran Recap

Started by Birel-Rotax 42, February 02, 2015, 12:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birel-Rotax 42

X30 Senior Round 4 at Moran Recap

Xander Clements January 18, 2015

Returning to the United States, the Sim Karting World Championship IAME X30 Senior Challenge headed to Beaumont, California, to a lost-but-now-revived track by the name of Moran Raceway Park. Moran held countless national and international level events in the early 2000s, but the property being sold without the consent of the track owners who were leasing it caused it to fall to ruin. With some hard work over the past few weeks, the SKWC was able to bring this track back to life on the sim and utilize for the penultimate round of the 2015 X30 Senior Championship.

Click here to see full article and to sign up for the series. Next round will be at GoPro Motorplex (Mooresville, NC) on February 21st

Sign up on the SKWC Forums to recieve updates and information about the most competitive Kart Racing Pro series, and for exclusive content that is otherwise unavailable to the public!

blake_hunt

When will GoPro be available for download?
Kartsport FA - Rok/X30 Senior - Mooresville, NC

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

Birel-Rotax 42

blake_hunt

That's helpful to people that need to race there...

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

blake_hunt

Corrie, is there a point in keeping it private.

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

Xander Clements

The SKWC is a league open to new members - one of the perks of racing in the SKWC is access to a huge database of private, unreleased tracks such as GoPro Motorplex!

blake_hunt

Xander, I did sign up and you haven't accepted my registration to your website, and there are no downloads on the forum...

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

Avansino

Quote from: blake_hunt on February 16, 2015, 01:12:14 AM
Xander, I did sign up and you haven't accepted my registration to your website, and there are no downloads on the forum...

There's a reason why their is no downloads on the forum. Your case is the exact reason why. Xander doesn't just want people signing up for SKWC only to get the downloads for many unreleased tracks (like Mooresville) and paints etc... If he does then many people will join SKWC and just ditch it after they get the downloads they want.

Birel-Rotax 42

The reason it is private: I am under contract; I am paid to make tracks by an organization, and that organization has distribution rights. That organization has opted to not publically distribute the content, and I have no control over that. However, non-paid circuits like Moran, Macau, DKC, and other circuits aren't under contract of have reached the end of their agreed contract period.

The resulting contrast in quality is vast when it comes to a contracted circuit versus a track that is meant for public distribution. A contracted circuit is meant to be not only a racing-friendly, but also of a level that is optimized for competition. Similarly, with the SKWC's broadcasts, the circuit has to be. Developed with a certain level of graphical continuity, like out-of-bounds scenery and varying textures, shaders, trackside objects, terrain, and other small details that take time and make my work (which is paid in contract) at a place where 1) contract doesn't permit public release, and 2) is in an incomplete or not completely developed stage.

As for the sign-up, a similar thing has happened with a member who raced with us for 2 races last year and has recently been abusing the power to download my content without racing or communicating any disinterest in the series after their half-season last year. You can thank them for that, they recently asked about KF engines...

Finally: Season 6 of SKWC will be run during the Summer of 2015, and has not finalized a schedule or which engine is being run. Participating in the community, as well as using the integrated forums with the website, is highly encouraged in order to show interest and commitment to the series. As Season 6 draws closer, there will be several new and exciting announcements, including an announcement of a series-specific fixed-setup classification dedicated to giving up-and-coming drivers an opportunity to show their prowess in a series that doesn't have the usual heavy-hitters or teams with significant chassis/setup development. A press release will follow after the season finale.

Back to you, Xander.

Xander Clements

Corrie laid things out fairly well-stated. He is currently under contract with us as a designer for any and all circuit and engine needs for the SKWC, and will be constantly in touch as much as we need him to be. Some tracks used in the SKWC he will have the discretion to release, and others not so much. Regardless, his work is solely available to SKWC drivers, as it is a perk of racing in the series.

As he said, a lot of press releases will come shortly after the event this weekend at GoPro Motorplex. There will be a broadcast to follow the race as well, just like the one on our YouTube channel from Round 4 at Moran. The track will be on display in this and some more details will be made official about the upcoming season, such as dates and other information. The series is meant to be a feeder division to our pro class, where new and inexperienced racers can compete with higher hopes of making the Final and competing for the win than in our top level of competition. As Corrie said, there will also be limited setup capability to help encourage competition and make the racing more about the driver's ability than his/her mechanic intuition, so that he/she can be picked up by larger teams that could give rides in the pro division.