• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:01:03 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Lens flare

Started by alike, June 26, 2014, 07:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alike

Piboso, is there a way for to implement lens flare to the engine, or is that impossible to at this stage? I think it would add some more life to the graphics of the game :)

Birel-Rotax 42

KRP, WRS, and Gp-Bikes all use a custom physics engine. I'm pretty sure at this state, we can't get something like a photorealistic mod/photorealistic shaders as the game is very lock-and-key with even stuff like kart handling. If modders can't change the handling of the karts because it's encrypted, most likely we won't be able to mod in photorealism.

alike

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on June 26, 2014, 04:23:57 PM
KRP, WRS, and Gp-Bikes all use a custom physics engine. I'm pretty sure at this state, we can't get something like a photorealistic mod/photorealistic shaders as the game is very lock-and-key with even stuff like kart handling. If modders can't change the handling of the karts because it's encrypted, most likely we won't be able to mod in photorealism.

I was not talking about a mod, and I don't talk about the physics engine. I am talking about the Graphics engine and what Piboso can and can't do to add new effects (like bloom, lensflare and HDR)

Birel-Rotax 42

June 26, 2014, 10:54:01 PM #3 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:04:37 PM by Birel-Rotax 42
Graphics engine is also custom from what it seems and also seems to be integrated in with physics.