• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:32 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Is this a bumper-car game?

Started by alike, July 08, 2013, 10:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alike

July 08, 2013, 10:13:54 PM Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:40:53 PM by alike
I'm new to this forum and just started racing online today, but I'm afraid my experience haven't been all that good... No matter what server (dedicated) I join, there seem to be players that only play to bump other players around instead of racing. I was hoping this community wasn't like that, but I was terribly wrong...

What should I do?

IceMan11

Hi alike, I raced with you today. ;)

You can create a session and if someone comes in your session and decides to be a noob, like that one in Lonato, you have the power to eject that person without a poll. Just PM me if you want to know how. ;)
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

alphafloor

I noticed as well that for some time now the same players keep ruining races and create frustration and loss of time by constantly crashing into people, running track the wrong way, etc.

I'm afraid this kind of behavior will have a BIG impact on the game because people will get so bored they will stop playing and that will kill the game !

Is it possible to create a black list ?

alike

Thanks for reply's. A penalty system maybe?

I know how to host a server but thanks anyway :)

And IceMan, I hope we can race together in the future. Just PM me sometime :)

IceMan11

There is a penalty system, but not for driving backwards, only for cutting the track, or speeding on the warm-up lap
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

nmpcs

wrong way driving should be severely punished.
It's destroying the game

LauZzZn

the most servers are dedicated so you are able to ban those people.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

oppolo

Quote from: alike on July 09, 2013, 01:23:33 AM
I know how to host a server but thanks anyway :)
so no problem, in the window server you can get the ID and then create a blacklist

Capeta

Quote from: nmpcs on July 09, 2013, 10:12:43 AM
wrong way driving should be severely punished.
It's destroying the game

Yep but only with the possibility to check this option off cause i love to Know a track in all the way without this stupid sign on the middle of the screen on almost all of the racing game when we drive in the wrong way :)

I have meets these guys i think :/

But don't be affraid the majority of the players here are reals gentlemens :)

alike

Another day at the track, and another day of bumper-cars... IceMan11 is one of the only clean players so far!

I wont stop playing, but I hope to see a better penalty system in the future.

Cory_Hayes

Just ask them nicely to stop.
what are there names?

alike

Quote from: Cory_bro on July 09, 2013, 07:29:24 PM
what are there names?

Some Unnamed Profiles and this time some guys named HamletBandit and TheKoreanWombat also bumped...

IceMan11

Quote from: alike on July 09, 2013, 07:30:59 PM
Quote from: Cory_bro on July 09, 2013, 07:29:24 PM
what are there names?

Some Unnamed Profiles and this time some guys named HamletBandit and TheKoreanWombat also bumped...

Next time, just PM the guy rather than show it in public. ;)

nmpcs

I had some problems with The Korean Wombat too....
He drives fast but he gets tired of clean racing when he makes a good time.......  >:(

I noticed some days ago that one of the Unnamed Profiles that was wrecking people, had driver rating.....
I forgot what it was, but in this case it's easy to know who is the real driver by opening the stats page and see who has that rating number

Cory_Hayes

I have com across TheKoreanWombat....... -.-