• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:41:44 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Mini 60 Engine on Birel KF3 Chassis Issue

Started by Birel-Rotax 42, June 28, 2013, 06:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birel-Rotax 42

Hello! I have recently looked into just playing around with the engine/chassis combinations. I am wondering why when I put the mini 60 engine on the Birel KF3 chassis, why it appears on the opposite side. Instead of being on the right rear side, it is on the left front side.
The physics work as if it is mounted in the correct place, meaning that the power isn't being put down by the front wheels. Is there some way that I can change the 3d model's orientation to fit it on? Thanks for the support in advance!

Top-Kart 92

Calle Jansson

KF3
Topkart: Topkart racing team Sweden

http://www.jansson-racing.se/

my youtube channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/Lenzocalle92?feature=mhee

Swedish championchip
2011: 7th
2012: 3rd
2013: 7th
2014: DonĀ“t driving

oppolo

yes i know, I tried the same but at the moment i don't know how to solve, the mini engine fit well only in mini chassis

Sam Flintham

Sam

Falling for kk like

Birel-Rotax 42

But the weird part is that when I go into the .sfx file and change the engine position (just random numbers with a backup), the engine won't move. So weird! Anything that you know PiBoSo? Also, is it possible to shrink the Birel chassis by a specific scale to make it a cadet or "mini" kart? I'm wondering this because the mini Birel karts and the full-sized Birel karts are the same chassis layout with a different brake model, that is it. Thanks again to everybody!

oppolo

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on June 28, 2013, 03:40:23 PM
But the weird part is that when I go into the .sfx file and change the engine position (just random numbers with a backup), the engine won't move.
as fare as I understood, that position is for sounds, it points to engine.scl and that file is for sound

Birel-Rotax 42

That makes sense. Would it just be better to open up the EDF files and rotate the engine around?

oppolo

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on June 28, 2013, 04:25:26 PM
That makes sense. Would it just be better to open up the EDF files and rotate the engine around?
sure, but who is able to do it? ::)

Birel-Rotax 42

Open the .edf files like you do with a track. I think. Not much experience with 3ds max.

Alex10

Mike

Ah, perhaps a idee for a Twin engine's kart ....