• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:43 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Formula TKM

Started by Jommy45, March 24, 2013, 11:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jommy45

TKM is one of the most popular classes in the UK, it is roughly the same as the f100, but the f100 and kf3 sound the same
TKM is also air cooled rather than water cooled, rev up to 16,500, direct drive

would love to get this into krp as it is such a popular and well known class in the uk

skithepowder

I agree, would be an excellent addition.

oppolo

does somebody know where I can find the torque curve of the BT82 extreme 20 BHP? http://www.tal-ko.com/bt82.html

Nathan Dunnett

If someone is willing to do the 3D work and we can get access to a dyno file I don't see why we can't make this happen. :)

oppolo

yep, it would be great
I'm trying a f100 chassis with a 20 BHP engine with a fantasy torque curve with max torque at 10500, but there is to model the aircooled system, 50 degrees is not real. apart the engine there are others problems: TKM rules don't allow bars and there only 1 rear axle http://www.tal-ko.com/PDF/FormulaTKM2StrokeRegs2013.pdf

Nathan Dunnett

We can sorta model air cooling right now, the biggest problem is that the starting temperature is always optimum, so if optimum temp is 180 degrees that's where the engine starts out of the pits in KRP.

oppolo

I'm trying to use the 3D of mini60 engine in the f100 chassis, but...where is the file for changing position?, I thought it was sfx.cfg but never matter what values i put there

Eslotes

hahaha nice one apoolo
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

fdg1997

oppolo

yes, I'm so proud of that  :P

sfx.cfg is for sound, nah, I don't understand where are coordinates....ffffffffffffffff

oppolo

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on June 13, 2013, 04:10:06 PM
We can sorta model air cooling right now, the biggest problem is that the starting temperature is always optimum, so if optimum temp is 180 degrees that's where the engine starts out of the pits in KRP.

in your opinion, for this kind of engine, what could be the optimal temp? and the range min-max? thanks

Nathan Dunnett

No idea, optimum is probably somewhere between 150-200. Someone who races this class should have a better idea about it.

Piers Prior

Quote from: oppolo on June 13, 2013, 06:39:04 PM
I'm trying to use the 3D of mini60 engine in the f100 chassis, but...where is the file for changing position?, I thought it was sfx.cfg but never matter what values i put there

that is a good effort haha sorry i cant help
The world is your lobster

oppolo

Quote from: Hispinkness Prior on June 14, 2013, 10:17:43 AM
that is a good effort haha sorry i cant help
;D
so, I guess the position of the engine should be written in some "edf" file, and for a specific chassis. I don't know how to open edf file.
here should answer guys making new 3D engines

...and I can't also find a dyno for the Tal-ko BT52 115 cc. 20BHP  :(