• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:33 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Paints installation

Started by PiBoSo, October 28, 2011, 11:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Beer

Quote from: Adriano Augusto on April 22, 2013, 07:09:20 PM
ok, i searched in forum, but don't founded one tutorial about paintedit.
If i don't be wrong, i need to convert my TGA files to PNT files.
But i really don't konw how i do it. I opeened paintedit and cannot made nothing.
I created the folders in KRP installation folder, made my paints and putted inside the correct folder. But files are in TGA, and my paint don't appeared to me.
Can someone help me?

hi send me the tga's via a pm and ill take a look ;)

Adriano Augusto

thank you, man!
i will send to you at my home, in a few hours.
:D

James Beer

Quote from: Adriano Augusto on April 22, 2013, 07:15:24 PM
thank you, man!
i will send to you at my home, in a few hours.
:D

ok no problem :) ;)

rich32g

Hello chaps.

Just had a crack at painting my helmet and got it working OK. With regards to the visor, I am having issues. I have created visor.tga and visor#2.tga and converted them both to .PNT files and saved them in the same diver/helmets/sk6_s/paints folder as my helmet, but my visor is not showing, just the standard one.

Am I saving it incorrectly? Does it need to be in a different path?

James Beer

Quote from: rich32g on May 18, 2013, 02:46:22 PM
Hello chaps.

Just had a crack at painting my helmet and got it working OK. With regards to the visor, I am having issues. I have created visor.tga and visor#2.tga and converted them both to .PNT files and saved them in the same diver/helmets/sk6_s/paints folder as my helmet, but my visor is not showing, just the standard one.

Am I saving it incorrectly? Does it need to be in a different path?

did you pack the 2 visor templates and the helmet template into one .pnt?

rich32g

No mate, I assumed with the explanation on installation they were all separate files?

James Beer

ok so you need to pack it like this into 1 .pnt file

does this make sense to you?

rich32g

Very much so, fixed, thank you James.

While I'm asking questions, Am I correct in thinking that the driver suit is saved on a kart by kart basis rather than a universal "suits" folder like the helmets?

James Beer

no problems rich happy to help
yes you are correct in thinking that the drivers suit is saved with the kart:

:)

rich32g

Awesome thanks, so all grouped together like the Visor and helmet?

James Beer

rich32g

Quote from: Intrepid James on May 18, 2013, 03:32:16 PM
yep, exactly

Thanks a lot. Not too bad to get your head around with a little help. Not the most user friendly experience though lol

James Beer

Quote from: rich32g on May 18, 2013, 03:36:01 PM
Quote from: Intrepid James on May 18, 2013, 03:32:16 PM
yep, exactly

Thanks a lot. Not too bad to get your head around with a little help. Not the most user friendly experience though lol

yeah, its easy once you know, you just have to think of it logically

LauZzZn

Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

ricky9mr

Hi guys! I could use some help. I bought the game on Steam and I want to install some paints I made of my own team. I used the Templates on the official KRP page. then I draw the textures on GIMP, exported them as ".tga" and created de ".pnt" with painted 1.14.

For de ".pnt", I tried to pack the following textures: "driver.tga"; "tk_body.tga"; "tk_chassis.tga"; "tk_hubs.tga"; "tk_swheel.tga"; are thoose in the correct name?

Then when I try to install the paint on the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kart Racing Pro\karts\t-kc1\ the game doesnt detect the piant. On forums I found that I need "t-kc1"; "t-kc3" and "t-ks1" folders to paste the paints in TK templates. I have to paste the same paint in the three folders? or I need to creat diferent paint for each folder?

There is the firts problem becouse the game doesnt detect the paints!!

When I install the paint on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kart Racing Pro\bodyworks\paints\tk\ the game does detect the paint but only the driver suit and the chassis color is updatting, the body paint; hubs and wheel isn´t.

Please help me!! I don´t know the exact directory to install the paints or ifr the .tga names are correct!!

I downloaded some helmets paints and have no problem, I also tried some downloaded paints and I have the same problem, it gets detectet only in the "bodyworks" folder, not in the "karts" one. Then I also have the problem that only the driver suit and the chassis color is updatting.

I will very thankfull if someone could explian me what am I doing wrong!!