• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:10:20 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Learning how to set up a real kart

Started by jplanaux, April 27, 2013, 03:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplanaux

Newbie here. I just downloaded KRP. My main objective of using this program is as a training tool to improve my actual real world karting.

Is my thinking rational and justified? Can this program help me? I have about one year experience in racing karts at the club level. I can turn consistent lap times. I'm a "middle of the packer". I don't really understand the tuning aspect.

Generally my (real/actual) kart is left in a neutral setup.

Can this program help me learn by giving me simulated feedback on adjusting a kart? This way I can start experimenting to understand how the kart will react to changes that I make in the setup?

Can I realistically expect to get a real understanding?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nathan Dunnett

You could probably get a basic feel for things but I find the way to set a kart up to be fast on here is not very realistic.

GhostriderPl

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on April 27, 2013, 10:44:35 PM
You could probably get a basic feel for things but I find the way to set a kart up to be fast on here is not very realistic.

I Agree with this.
I Setup my real Kart way different from KRP. In KRP i must think the other way round and use very "extreme" Settings to be fast :( 

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

Leonardo Ratafia

maybe you guys could help piboso to "correct" the physics in order to get a real setup work within the sim.
if more than one real karting drivers agree that in order to achieve fast times you have to setup the kart in the game in a way that you would never do in real life, there's something not working as it should.

anyways, with nathan's tips and basic setup info and parameters i did achieve very fast times at least for a non experimented real life kart driver that i am, i manage to get within half a second in some tracks of the best times in the rankings (if those are a good way to compare)

keep it up guys, helping the community with your setup tips. thanks!