• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:38:55 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Replay cameras

Started by Dan Buck, March 28, 2013, 04:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Buck

I wasn't sure on where to start this topic, as I already searched quite a lot to see if I could find something in the forums but I couldn't, so I saw a need of a thread like this.

I like to use the free roam view when watching replay, so I can move the camera to a grandstand or so, but here is the thing:

1) Can I zoom in and out? If so, how?
2) Can I kind of move the camera wherever I want and make it automatically follow the go kart? If so, how?

Thank you! ;)
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

PiBoSo

1) Numpad 7 and 1 ( it's possible to click on the question mark on the bottom left to get all the key controls )
2) No

Dan Buck

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 28, 2013, 05:46:39 PM

1) Numpad 7 and 1 ( it's possible to click on the question mark on the bottom left to get all the key controls )
2) No

there's something wrong with my controls, then!!
numpad 7 and 1 don't do anything! :(
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

Dan Buck

nvm working good ty! ;)

that #2 question i've made could be seen as a +1 to the next build PiBoSo, what do you think?
like, fixing the camera anywhere we want and ask it to follow the driver of our choise on track!

i trully believe others would like that too! :D

Schwoni

you can use the free cam move with WSAD and rotate with NUM 4862 this is allready possible, if i understand you right.

Dan Buck

i know...

what i meant is, we could have an option where we can leave the camera where we want (by using WASD, numpad, etc., as we already have with the Free Roam camera) and set it to automatically follow the go kart of our choise, to 'simulate' some sort of spectator camera or so... got it?

Schwoni

Dan Buck

ok so there goes another question about cameras: can i customize them? if so, how?

Dan Buck

Piers Prior

if you go on free in replay and use WASDQZ and 7845612 on the number pad you can customise to your heart's content :) look on the ? in the corner for help :)
The world is your lobster

Overdue

Is it possible to create custom camera views and save them?

Is it possible to record multiple cameras at the same time? Maybe with a third-party app?
To Each Their Own

LXS77

Quote from: Overdue on August 07, 2020, 08:45:57 PMIs it possible to create custom camera views and save them?

Hi, yes, it is. Open the track's .TRP file with the Track Editor and go to Views -> Cameras Control. There you can either load and edit the existing set of cameras (.TSC file) or create a new one if the .TSC file is missing. Here you can find more info on how to use the Cameras Control option: http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=TrackEd#Trackside_Cameras

Quote from: Overdue on August 07, 2020, 08:45:57 PMIs it possible to record multiple cameras at the same time? Maybe with a third-party app?

It is possible if you save a Replay of your session first. Then you can watch a replay and switch between different camera views.

Overdue

Hi all,
Back on this subject, hoping you can help this newb.
I'm trying to create custom camera views for marshalling purposes.
When LXS77 writes "Open the track's .TRP file with the Track Editor", what "Track Editor" is he referring to?
THANKS!
To Each Their Own

Cory_Hayes

LXS77

Quote from: Overdue on October 20, 2020, 06:01:18 PMWhen LXS77 writes "Open the track's .TRP file with the Track Editor", what "Track Editor" is he referring to?

:) I'm referring to TrackED from PiBoSo's Track Tools (tt.zip) - https://kartracing-pro.com/?page=downloads