• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:03:26 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta8

Started by PiBoSo, March 21, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphafloor

Hi, I cannot install Beta 8, I have downloaded it and  when I double click on the icon to Install, I have a message "Set up file is corrupted" and nothing else happens.
I have deleted all previous KRP installation. Any idea of what coul be wrong?

Thanks !

PiBoSo

Quote from: alphafloor on March 21, 2013, 08:43:29 PM
Hi, I cannot install Beta 8, I have downloaded it and  when I double click on the icon to Install, I have a message "Set up file is corrupted" and nothing else happens.
I have deleted all previous KRP installation. Any idea of what coul be wrong?

Thanks !

The server is probably overloaded at the moment. Is there someone who can mirror the download?

LauZzZn

sorry its to big to upload -.-
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

nmpcs

Arrowjmax4

WHY DO I NOT FIND OUT UNTIL IM ABOUT TO LEAVE FOR SCHOOL, WHYYYYYYYY?!?!?  :( :'(

Jommy45

just played the new beta, its so good! the kart feels good and turns in well, noticed from a rear view when driving you can see the back wheel lift more or 'jacking'
great job piboso!!! :) :D

DjFIL

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 21, 2013, 09:25:05 PM
The server is probably overloaded at the moment. Is there someone who can mirror the download?

How about starting a torrent for the download?  I could even start one once my download is complete, and if it's not corrupted.  I'm pretty sure lots of KRP players would be willing to help seed.

PiBoSo

Quote from: DjFIL on March 21, 2013, 11:18:45 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 21, 2013, 09:25:05 PM

How about starting a torrent for the download?  I could even start one once my download is complete, and if it's not corrupted.  I'm pretty sure lots of KRP players would be willing to help seed.

If someone can create it then the link can be added to the website.

DjFIL

March 22, 2013, 12:07:39 AM #23 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:24:04 AM by DjFIL
Creating a magnet link is giving me some issues.  I don't have any where to host the file, so I've emailed PiBoSo directly (to the support email address) with the .torrent file.  Hopefully he can host it and link it for those who wish to download via torrent.

I'll keep my available upstream bandwidth at 1.0 megabits/sec (128 KB/sec) for the next 24 hours (0000 GMT on Saturday/1600 PDT [Vancouver] on Friday).  Please keep seeding once it is done.  Also for those who already have the file, please help out... place it in the root of your Torrent Downloads folder (not in a folder of it's own, not renamed, not in a zip\rar, etc.) and then open the torrent (once available)... it will confirm your file matches and then will let you immediately start to seed.

DjFIL

Just had a rip around the new track in the KF3.  Track looks really nice.  Kart feels really nice.  Noticed a little more head movement when going around corners, kind of nice.  Keep up the good work.

PiBoSo

March 22, 2013, 12:42:26 AM #25 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:43:58 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: DjFIL on March 22, 2013, 12:07:39 AM
Creating a magnet link is giving me some issues.  I don't have any where to host the file, so I've emailed PiBoSo directly (to the support email address) with the .torrent file.  Hopefully he can host it and link it for those who wish to download via torrent.

I'll keep my available upstream bandwidth at 1.0 megabits/sec (128 KB/sec) for the next 24 hours (0000 GMT on Saturday/1600 PDT [Vancouver] on Friday).  Please keep seeding once it is done.  Also for those who already have the file, please help out... place it in the root of your Torrent Downloads folder (not in a folder of it's own, not renamed, not in a zip\rar, etc.) and then open the torrent (once available)... it will confirm your file matches and then will let you immediately start to seed.

Thank you.
Torrent file hosted and link added: http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=downloads

EVO

Seeding friends! thanks DjFil. Super Special Thanks to PiBoSo for all his hard work!
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

March 22, 2013, 02:39:34 AM #27 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:13:30 AM by EVO
Correction Leeching at the moment extremely slowly. 0.1kbs
I can host the file agian if you want me to PiBoSo

Okay now seeding
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

DjFIL

March 22, 2013, 03:33:11 AM #28 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:50:42 AM by DjFIL
Hopefully it will pick up as we get more seeders.  I see it listed as 6 peers currently.  I've confirmed my bandwidth and firewall settings, hopefully it will pick up.  As you may know, torrents are only as powerful as the size of the swarm.

On a side note about Beta 8.  I'm noticing that none of my 3rd party tracks (copied the 'tracks' folder from my beta 7 install, before I wiped the folder clear) will load.  They all give the message "data mismatch" and then won't move forward unless I cancel the load.  All standard (PiBoSo) tracks are working fine.  Do I need to redownload them?  Is there a specific file in each folder (records, ghost file, etc) I need to delete first?  Is it a server thing?

I just tried to delete the 'trainer' and 'replay' files from the \My Documents\PiBoSo\Kart Racing Pro\ folder, including the ones in the \Profiles\My Profile\ section.  I also deleted the records.ini file.  No change.  :(

Pentti Hilkuri

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 22, 2013, 12:42:26 AM
Thank you.
Torrent file hosted and link added: http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=downloads

Downloading again and will seed for a good while.