• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Hi all, some new questions on mod and improvement

Started by MRO, March 04, 2013, 01:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRO

ok I will look inside (for what I can see)
Mauro

LauZzZn

same for the tires ;)
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

MRO

right: but I'm a perfectionist, and would try to really change performance between a Vega White and a Mojo D3 (bad tyres which we must use for fiches regulation).. to change just picture is nonsense: must understand system: I will write to PiBoSo by mail apart
Mauro

EVO

you should be able to just duplicate the hard compound tire without altering its properties to make it legal for online racing and simply have the tire outside appearance change.  It would be cool to have textures of new tire with green, white, stripe whatever and as they wear in they fade out.

Engines however should be a differnt because unlike tires they are very different. We shoul be able to create new classes that are not built into new releases until they are approved my PiBoSo or something along those lines. 

MRO can you rename the thread title in the first post so when people visit the modding section of the forum they see something like "Hi all new here with modding questions" it will make other potential modders easier to find what theyre need to get started. Thanks.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

maxrod

I personally would not like to see any of the physics touched by out side people which i believe MRO is getting at, correct me if wrong, If this happens we will end up with a sim that is potential to cheating online and miss matching as in rfactor.

LauZzZn

you are right with that maxrod. with only changing the textures there should be no problem because it will show the normal piboso tyres
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

MRO

March 09, 2013, 02:20:35 AM #21 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:22:19 AM by MRO
actually maxrod you misunderstand the purpose of discussion:
nothing concern with "toys" like rfactor (very bad sim and system)
sim I'm talking about are serious matter and all another story
anyhow nobody here is talking to touch phy. which are correctly locked
aim should be to help to "help" and eventually "push" author to improve some points
and that means "as obvious" with his authorization
(to clarify I always worked with author officially and was author myself in team: modding is another story)
Mauro

MRO

well,
partially understood how it works and textures name

engine of KRP is nice and what I like more.. it doesn't write on registry (win)
and other points make me think it could be studied in mac
now just keep in touch with PiBoSo

some mods need to be improved or corrected, probably because made on old KRP structure
and now couldn't work
I will correct and pass you HERO
Mauro