• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:42:43 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

EVO's Airboxes

Started by evo1087, October 07, 2012, 02:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

the 125cc Sudam water cooled direct drive will goto 18,000 rpm and make 40+ hp on alcohol.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Dan Buck

you're right lara...

we are talking about the engines here and there!

i said that here in Brazil engines used to be much powerful and faster than nowadays...
the engines have rev limiters and stuff...

as i said, i used to race with the old V4 and yellow (some times green) MG tyres, that left lots of rubber on the track surface! two carburators, and air refrigerated engines... with these setups, i got the brazilian record for this track Aldeia da Serra (here in Sao Paulo - Brazil) in 2002, and they never took that lap record from me, because of the limitations of the categories! :(

with the V4 and a minimum weight of 140kg (kart+driver+suit+helmet-fuel), we used to reach 140 to 145km/h of top speed... the Parillas, 150!!!!!!! that was INSANE!!!!!!!! i miss those days...
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

fdg1997

Quote from: Dan Buck on October 11, 2012, 06:33:01 PM
you're right lara...

we are talking about the engines here and there!

i said that here in Brazil engines used to be much powerful and faster than nowadays...
the engines have rev limiters and stuff...

as i said, i used to race with the old V4 and yellow (some times green) MG tyres, that left lots of rubber on the track surface! two carburators, and air refrigerated engines... with these setups, i got the brazilian record for this track Aldeia da Serra (here in Sao Paulo - Brazil) in 2002, and they never took that lap record from me, because of the limitations of the categories! :(

with the V4 and a minimum weight of 140kg (kart+driver+suit+helmet-fuel), we used to reach 140 to 145km/h of top speed... the Parillas, 150!!!!!!! that was INSANE!!!!!!!! i miss those days...

Monster Engines!!

Dan Buck

indeed they were!!!!

any more new air boxes evo?!
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

EVO

waiting on pics of the FreeLine and SA250 airboxes (front, sides, top) there are not enough good internet pictures.  If anyone has them give them to me please

LIAM-36-AUS

Hey Evo if someone did'nt have one of those airboxes what would it show up as? u know like how if someone does'nt have the same paint downloaded the other player has it comes up as the Base colour?  ???

fdg1997

Yeah,i think if im with SOCOREM and you dont have installed it you will se me with the Cobra or the NOX ^^

EVO

For those intersted in making their own airboxes using 3ds max here is a archieve including my max scene for the Socorem
the box is placed perfectly so dont move it. Name your aribox in 3ds max the name above the POS values in gfx.cfg
Adjust the POS values in the intake folder gfx.cfg which will orient the drivers hand to the airbox holes.
export to the intake folder and test

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59339424/Soco.zip

LauZzZn

thank you very much ;)
im going to do a airbox with a gopro on it ;)
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Jakob98

Quote from: LauZzZn on November 10, 2012, 09:34:45 AM
thank you very much ;)
im going to do a airbox with a gopro on it ;)
cool :D

EVO

Barlo

EVO

EVO

LauZzZn