• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:10:50 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Quote from: Diddy4957 on July 15, 2012, 12:42:40 PM
there needs to be more grip with slicks in the wet, ive had races where it rains halfway through the race when we where on slicks and the kart was still controlable. You can avoid spinning in real life but in the game you just crash the moment you get on track. If this can be fixed then it would be nice to be able to have a race where it rains during the race so people have to drive on slicks

Completely agree. Slicks are hard to drive but it is possible in real, in game you barely can go straight...

Aritz

Quote from: EVO on July 15, 2012, 05:35:10 PM
how did yo set up this condtion.  I think if set the track to wet and sunny sky and run many laps you will get a partially dried track.  That you CAN drive with slicks

???

You can choose DRY tyres with RAIN weather and the track wont be dry ever  :P

Diddy4957

the wet grip on this game in general needs some work. PISBO has made a a good level of grip in the wet when you are on wet tyres, apart from the fact there is grip on the normal racing line which you wouldnt have in real life. I think its more important to get the wet grip on wets fixed first, and then try and make the grip with slicks better for a later update.

EVO

ok updated

Diddy4957 In rain condtions you will have grip on the racing line if the tracks has not been driven in a long time.
When a track is driven alot and it rains the oils and rubber from the racing lline comes to the surfaces making the racing line slippery

the default groove feature in Beta 7 will fix this.
You will be able to save a groove file (the rubber that builds willl save and load) then you will see that in wet condtions there is little grip on the racing line

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

id like to clean up this list can you guys  report any fixes to remove from the list

Eslotes

-Shorter Lonato corridor length, because it is hard to stay inside on the turn by Aritz  +1

-Shorter Lonato corridor length, because it is hard to stay inside on the turn by Aritz +1

-Rolling start penalties applied after the race, even DSQ. The point is most of the times, the race has to be repeated because
of one little mistake of one pilot. Why not to be disqualified after the race? At least you and your friends enjoy the race...
After the race, you must be DQ'ed in the results and the winner will be the second of course.  by Aritz +1

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Dan Buck

about the Lonato corridor, it's just like in real life... if it changes, will not look or work like in real life anymore! :(
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

EVO

okay so that should be removed. Great point Dan

Dan Buck

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

LauZzZn

Quote from: EVO on July 18, 2012, 05:06:45 PM
ok updated

the default groove feature in Beta 7 will fix this.
You will be able to save a groove file (the rubber that builds willl save and load) then you will see that in wet condtions there is little grip on the racing line

how does that work?
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

EVO

October 12, 2012, 04:29:12 AM #266 Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:26:32 AM by EVO
PiBoSo told us this awhile back

There is a little unused and untested feature that could be useful.

1) Open your profile.ini and add the following lines

Code: [Select]
[testing]
groove_edit=1
2) Drive several laps in testing mode on a track to create the groove ( it's possible to use groove_multiplier to generate it faster )
3) Press left ctrl + g: a file named temp.grv will be saved in KRP installation folder
4) Rename temp.grv to track_id.grv ( for example: essay.grv - or short.grv for the short layout ) and move it to the proper track folder, with the matching TRP file
5) KRP should automatically read this grv file at track load time

Note: setting of groove_edit to 1 is only needed to save the file, not to read it.

test it out.   load it on a wet track.

EVO

October 12, 2012, 05:17:13 AM #267 Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:20:27 AM by EVO
three suggestions what do you think?

KZ1 and F100 rev to the moon before exploding  slow to rev before  respective 16,000 and 20,000 rpm break point

hand choke faster and only works once the hand reaches the airbox.  Also it does not shut off the engine until its been choked for more than 2 seconds.

metal bumper bodywork select-able from KART selection screen not just profile.ini and testing.ini

Eslotes

October 12, 2012, 08:39:58 AM #268 Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:46:14 PM by Eslotes
Quote from: EVO on October 12, 2012, 05:17:13 AM

hand choke faster and only works once the hand reaches the airbox.  Also it does not shut off the engine until its been choked for more than 2 seconds.

metal bumper bodywork select-able from KART selection screen not just profile.ini and testing.ini
+1
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Andreas.L

A suggestion: we should have rain suits for rain(littel more real) and that you can mix bodyworks.
I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win.

-Ayrton Senna ♥