• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

is Super 1 still the premier class in the UK? also what are TKM engines 115cc?

Started by evo1087, August 14, 2012, 11:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

is Super 1 still the premier series in the UK? also what are TKM engines 115cc?
are they the top class in Super 1?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

James Beer

Hey evo I'm from the uk so I will explain it to you. Super ones still a good championship but we did used to have Brdc championship. But now our main one is FKS and on you tube type in fks 2012 and it will come up with recent races and events. This championship is mainly done by big teams who have lots to spend. But normal joes tend to stay to their local track championship. The one I do is the sussex open which visits all the tracks in sussex.

The way TKM works is we have junior tkm which run direct drive 100cc engine as with the adults its called tkm extreme which run direct drive 115cc engines i think the engine is a bt82 . This is a good class here as they are low maintinance but JICA is coming much more popular now. Tkm is for proper karting like the old days days of 100cc flying rapid machines and I believe the aussie's have them aswell but not asmuch here most people like rotax maxes are they are like bullit prof. We really don't have top class in the championships we run almost anything but when the cadets are on its probably the most exciting class to watch

I hope this has helped you and if you have any more questions please ask asI'm sure I can help you

Intrepid junior max :-)

CRGDK37

Id say Super one is the main national championship in the UK because the grid size is much much bigger than Formula Kart Stars.

Also Rotax is the biggest class in S1

:)
Vortex VLB/w ICA
BMB KGP
CRG KT1b

James Beer

Quote from: CRGDK37 on September 15, 2012, 05:06:36 PM
Id say Super one is the main national championship in the UK because the grid size is much much bigger than Formula Kart Stars.

Also Rotax is the biggest class in S1

:)

yeah suppose so you just see fks alot more on the tv

Diddy4957

JICA is no longer racing in the UK as we moved to KF3 like the rest of Europe, super 1 is the main championship for Junior and Seniors wheras FKS is the offical championship for Cadets. Rotax is the most popular class but KF3 and KF2 are the offical Junior and Senior championships at the moment. TKM do run in Super 1 and they are 100cc but its not the most popular class, its more the cheaper championship with rotax being more expensive.