• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:45:24 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

You have to switch off DRAW option when you have finished doing the centerline. If you can't see a red line, that is the problem.

Aritz

I am renaming objects and I don't find how should I rename CONES, any help?

Racehard

Quote from: andri on January 21, 2011, 03:27:05 AM
Guys, I just tried to convert a canadian kart track, following the tutorial posted here, and I have a crash/freeze trouble when loading the track in KRP. As I said, I followed the tutorial posted here, changed all gMat materials to standard, rename all materials, export track and trackED. However, I'm not sure I understand how to centerline the track, but even not sure where the problem is. Is it rename problem or trackED problem? If you guys can help. it's really appreciate. Here are some scrennshots:

- Rendering from 3ds max

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=697d492ef5&view=att&th=12da6549ebba89e6&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gfy35ptr0&zw

- The .trp loaded

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=697d492ef5&view=att&th=12da6557047eedfe&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gfy35ptr0&zw

- and finally. the track centerlined

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=697d492ef5&view=att&th=12da6554f7b1f8c4&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=f_gfy35ptr0&zw

Hello andri,

I can't see the pictures, even if i am logged on into my gmail account, anyway,
If you haven't merged the centerline correctly you couldn't have done the .trp racedata. (Aritz mentioned how to check the centerline, if it got merged)
Make sure that there are no errors with the process in trackED.
But your pretty close to having it ingame so don't worry ;)

andri

January 21, 2011, 04:29:16 PM #48 Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:51:16 PM by andri

Hello andri,

I can't see the pictures, even if i am logged on into my gmail account, anyway,
If you haven't merged the centerline correctly you couldn't have done the .trp racedata. (Aritz mentioned how to check the centerline, if it got merged)
Make sure that there are no errors with the process in trackED.
But your pretty close to having it ingame so don't worry ;)

Thank you guys for help. Will check that when have free time. Here the imageshack links because I got a trouble with gmail.

- Rendering from 3ds max

http://img560.imageshack.us/i/josetrack.png/

- The .trp loaded

http://img692.imageshack.us/i/2011012017h1033.png/

- and finally. the track centerlined

http://img715.imageshack.us/i/2011012017h1210.png/

Racehard

PiBoSo can you please make this a fix topic on the first page, because otherwise it will be or was already in the middle of nowhere after some time...

Schwoni

Hi, I just tried to convert a kart track, following the tutorial posted here. I have the mas files converted, but when i import the gmt`s and tga`s into the 3d programm the track will be shown
but only in grey. When i look into the material editor (like picture 5) behind reload is none but why? I`ve installed the gmt importer plugin and script for 3dsMax and also rF hardwareshaders.
I have 2 mas files of the track, in the first are all gmat files an in the second mas file are the dds files which i have convertet to tga files. Please for help

Thx Daniel

andri

Quote from: Schwoni on February 21, 2011, 03:28:15 PM
Hi, I just tried to convert a kart track, following the tutorial posted here. I have the mas files converted, but when i import the gmt`s and tga`s into the 3d programm the track will be shown
but only in grey. When i look into the material editor (like picture 5) behind reload is none but why? I`ve installed the gmt importer plugin and script for 3dsMax and also rF hardwareshaders.
I have 2 mas files of the track, in the first are all gmat files an in the second mas file are the dds files which i have convertet to tga files. Please for help

Thx Daniel

I think, it does mean that 3ds max didn't find the textures materials when you imported the track into 3ds. Maybe you put wrong path for tga files.

Schwoni

February 21, 2011, 07:32:23 PM #52 Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:37:07 PM by Schwoni

I've just tried again, the path was correct but still the same problem. When i ignore this grey track and continuing with set the materials to standard an then put the
tga`s per hand, then changes the color. But when i the path of the gmat not have I can not find the right tga because the material name so do not match names with the tga.
In the material editor you can see the status of the textures is red is this a known problem?
No one knows this problem? am I the only one:)

http://www.abload.de/img/mejpbs.png

andri

Quote from: Schwoni on February 21, 2011, 07:32:23 PM

I've just tried again, the path was correct but still the same problem. When i ignore this grey track and continuing with set the materials to standard an then put the
tga`s per hand, then changes the color. But when i the path of the gmat not have I can not find the right tga because the material name so do not match names with the tga.
In the material editor you can see the status of the textures is red is this a known problem?
No one knows this problem? am I the only one:)

Try to follow the Racehard's tutorial step by step. I'm sure you did something wrong somewhere. This tutorial is working good. I used it for tracks comversion.

http://www.abload.de/img/mejpbs.png

Schwoni

February 22, 2011, 05:20:42 PM #54 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:49:39 PM by Schwoni

This is my track after import it to 3ds max. I`ve followed the tutorial step by step, to exclude errors i`ve tried 10 times, and also the plugins i`ve unpacked in the right path.
I may have other settings to make before? Again, I`ve exported the gmt`s of the mas file in folder gmt, then i exported the dds to folder dds. This dds file i convertet to tga and exported it
to folder tga. So it`s really transparent. Then 3ds max hammer symbol, max script, gmt2 importer, texture path "tga folder", activate no smoothing,gmt path "gmt folder" and it starts to import.
No error messages, no catching, only a little bit just before the track is mapped, but i think it`s normal. I use the 2010 version. Well i think i did my best to describe
Thank for help

Oh my god i`ve found my mistake i saved the gmt and then the dds files in another folder and because the dds files in the extra folder the track was grey.  :D
Sorry for my stupidity, i thought more regulation is better.
thanks for  your patience

Schwoni

andri

Quote from: Schwoni on February 22, 2011, 05:20:42 PM

This is my track after import it to 3ds max. I`ve followed the tutorial step by step, to exclude errors i`ve tried 10 times, and also the plugins i`ve unpacked in the right path.
I may have other settings to make before? Again, I`ve exported the gmt`s of the mas file in folder gmt, then i exported the dds to folder dds. This dds file i convertet to tga and exported it
to folder tga. So it`s really transparent. Then 3ds max hammer symbol, max script, gmt2 importer, texture path "tga folder", activate no smoothing,gmt path "gmt folder" and it starts to import.
No error messages, no catching, only a little bit just before the track is mapped, but i think it`s normal. I use the 2010 version. Well i think i did my best to describe
Thank for help

Oh my god i`ve found my mistake i saved the gmt and then the dds files in another folder and because the dds files in the extra folder the track was grey.  :D
Sorry for my stupidity, i thought more regulation is better.
thanks for  your patience

That's what I said. You did something wrong somewhere. Glad you found the mistake by yourself.

Schwoni

February 22, 2011, 09:02:56 PM #57 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:20:06 PM by Schwoni
Thank you so much.
Well all is ok now in tracked i`ve created the centerline pit position and checkpoints all saved but krp have an error by loading my track. So another guy has had the same problem and it
was in the centerline, i think by me too, because when i load the .trp in tracked all ok, then when i load the centerline still all ok but when i try to load the racedata the programm crash.
anyone know this problem or my mistake? :D

Schwoni

andri

Quote from: Schwoni on February 22, 2011, 09:02:56 PM
Thank you so much.
Well all is ok now in tracked i`ve created the centerline pit position and checkpoints all saved but krp have an error by loading my track. So another guy has had the same problem and it
was in the centerline, i think by me too, because when i load the .trp in tracked all ok, then when i load the centerline still all ok but when i try to load the racedata the programm crash.
anyone know this problem or my mistake? :D

Schwoni

Schwoni, you have to be precise when you do the centerline process:
1) draw the centerline and close it
2) then save it to a file.TCL (so that you can load next time you need it)
3) then MERGE (you MUST merge it)
4) save the .TRP file (your file's track)
5) then at the end setup your RACEDATA and save the setup to .rdf file
6) exit the trackED program and copy the 3 files (file.map/file.trp/file.rdf) to the KRP track folder.

Schwoni

February 23, 2011, 01:10:28 PM #59 Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:30:18 PM by Schwoni
Ok thank you somewhere in this points i´ve maked the mistake. Now it works
Now in next track, there are sounds like horn, shown in boxes over the asphalt.
Can or do i even delete this boxes (sounds)