• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:38 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

KZ- lap times

Started by Stark, February 11, 2011, 02:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stark

Just thought I should start a new thread about lap times  8) . I havent seen anyone present their lap times with the shifter. So far i havent been able to beat my KF1 lap times (44s). Its a very different driving style and pretty intense. Iam curious about how big the difference might be between the KF1 and the KZ- kart.  :P
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

Racehard

There is a statistic area on the krp website, were all the Laptimes of registered users are displayed, unfortunately only for Lonato atm.
http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/records.php?trackid=1&kartid=3

T.J. Koyen

I actually have found that the KZ is easier to drive. The front brakes for me are difficult on the KF because of how bad my wheel is.  :P
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

Stark

ok thx now I know how slow i am. ;D Its very even between KF1 and KZ. What wheel are you using Koyen? I have a G25 and it feels pretty good, but I dont even use the front brakes on the KF1. I dont understand why they introduced front brakes to KF. Its pointless and makes it even more expensive. Only KZ should have it.  :D
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

T.J. Koyen

I have an old Logitech Driving Force, probably at least 10 years old. It has no force feedback or pedals anymore. My front brakes have to be mapped to a button since the paddles are taken for shifting. So I have to turn the front brakes down to like 25% or they instantly lock up. :P

KF is too expensive for me anyway, front brakes or not so it doesn't matter to me. From the looks of it though, the big names are going to focus on KZ anyway so hopefully we won't have to deal with KF anymore and the CIK can put something better in place (like 100cc again!)
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

Racehard

I put the front brake on the right shift pedal behind the wheel, unfortunately the pedal is similar to a button, so there is just a digital input.
I can set the frontbrakes up to 56% without having any blocking wheels, however.

Aritz

I have registered Magescq BETA, feel free to start this particular time battle in Magescq track too :)

Stark

February 13, 2011, 03:40:00 PM #7 Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:42:36 PM by Stark
100cc is pure fun. I used drive a ICA. Today I use a Rotax Max engine in "Sport2000". Its a class we have in Sweden for those that are too heavy (fat) for "serious" racing ;D The engine might be a bit booring, it lacks a bit in power and it doesnt rev very high. But instead I can drive for several hours without having to repair the engine all the time. And it has electronic start :D When it comes to racing on a higher level; I dont know how much cheaper KF is compared to when 100cc engines was used!? Btw Magescq is really fun, well done Aritz  :D
JP- Racing