• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:25 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

other kart classes

Started by James Beer, June 11, 2012, 08:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

O ok. but why do they use the J?  better cooling? isnt it an older design?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

LIAM-36-AUS

July 13, 2012, 11:14:42 PM #31 Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:14:53 AM by LIAM-36-AUS
Quote from: EVO on July 13, 2012, 06:15:25 PM
O ok. but why do they use the J?  better cooling? isnt it an older design?
karters say its one of the best engines,  it has really good reliability, its got a pretty good amount of horsepower for the little guys(me including) .     
i dont know if its a older design ???     i dont think so, The j is the most popular engine in Australia!!!!  the S motor coming in second

EDIT:  i found out there didnt get rid of it because everyone didnt want the AKA(Australian Karting Association)  to get rid of it,everyone loved that engine.   there was alot of poeple thinking the J motor would be GONE in a couple of years and..... it never went

Sam

The j is an old motor it's been in karting from the early 80's that should have died with the dinasores hahaha

Falling for kk like

EVO

if it is more reliable then i gues their is no reason to discontinue it
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Sam

U can get the whole rotax package kart and everything for the same price u buy a clubman j and blue print it
They come to the same price a whole go kart reddy to drive or a blueprinted cluby I know wat I would choose I shouldent say this coz my dad does motors and has a kart shop and he erns a lot out of js but he even says they should not be here any more there just a money waster

Falling for kk like

LIAM-36-AUS

Quote from: SAMBO72 on July 15, 2012, 04:36:36 AM
U can get the whole rotax package kart and everything for the same price u buy a clubman j and blue print it
They come to the same price a whole go kart reddy to drive or a blueprinted cluby I know wat I would choose I shouldent say this coz my dad does motors and has a kart shop and he erns a lot out of js but he even says they should not be here any more there just a money waster
hey.  Alot of people say that,  but people who run them(me) , love'em.   Sam,  u cant get a rotax and a kart package for the same price as just a Clubmen(KT100S) engine blue printed!  :o.

Diddy4957

you still use the s60, you lot need to catch up most people use the w60 or the w80 for cadets.